Skeleton project allowing you to bootstrap a new site based on Netgen Layouts and eZ Platform
eZ Platform is a fully open source professional CMS (Content Management System) developed by eZ Systems and the eZ Community.
Current eZ Platform v2 is the 7th generation of eZ Publish, it is built on top of the Symfony 3.4LTS framework (Full Stack). It has been in development since 2011, and integral part of the eZ Publish Platform 5.x as "Platform stack" since 2012.
- Very extensible — You can extend the application and the content model in many ways.
- Future and backwards compatible — Strong backward compatibility policy on data as well as code.
- Multi-channel by design — Strong focus on separation between semantic content and design.
- Scalable — Easily scale across multiple servers out of the box.
- Future proof — Uses architecture designed to allow even more content scalability and performance in the future.
- Stable — Built on experience in building CMS that has been gathered since early 2000.
- Integration friendly — Numerous events and signals to hook into for advanced needs.
eZ Platform is fully open source and it is the foundation for the commercial eZ Platform Enterprise Edition software, which adds advanced features for editorial teams, entirely built on top of eZ Platform APIs.
- eZ Platform Developer Hub: ezplatform.com
- eZ Platform Open Source and Enterprise Edition roadmap
- eZ Systems (commercial products and services): ez.no
Note: For simplified installation, consider using community-supported eZ Launchpad which takes care of the whole server setup for you.
Installation instructions below are for installing a clean installation of eZ Platform in latest version with no demo content or demo website. Full installation documentation is in the online docs. It includes instructions on installing other distributions (like ezplatform-ee enterprise edition), or other versions.
These instructions assume you have already installed:
- PHP (7.3 or higher)
- Web Server (Recommended: Apache / Nginx. Use of PHP's built-in development server is also possible)
- Database server (MySQL 5.5+ or MariaDB 10.0+)
- Git (for development)
For more details on requirements, see online documentation.
Assuming you have prerequisites sorted out, you can get the install up and running with the following commands in your terminal:
composer create-project --keep-vcs ezsystems/ezplatform ezplatform ^2 cd ezplatform
Note: If composer is installed locally instead of globally, the first command will start with
During the installation process you will be asked to provide database host name, login, password, etc.
The configuration details will be placed in
Next you will receive instructions on how to install data into the database, and how to run a simplified dev server using the
bin/console server:run command.
Tip: For a more complete and better performing setup using Apache or Nginx, see how to install eZ Platform manually.
Submitting bugs, improvements and stories is possible on https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZP. If you discover a security issue, please see how to responsibly report such issues in "Reporting security issues in eZ Systems products".
eZ Platform aims to be fully content compatible with eZ Publish 5.x, meaning that the content in these versions of the CMS can be upgraded using online documentation to eZ Platform.
Unlike eZ Publish Platform 5.x, eZ Platform does not ship with eZ Publish Legacy (4.x). But this is available by optional installing LegacyBridge to allow eZ Platform and eZ Publish Legacy to run together, this is only recommended for migration use cases and not for new installations.
Copyright (C) 1999-2020 eZ Systems AS. All rights reserved.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.txt GNU General Public License v2