Kernel used by ezsystems/ezplatform and derivatives. Provides the Content Repository, its APIs, and the application's Symfony framework integration.
- dev-master / 1.2.x-dev
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2020-10-20 16:01:54 UTC
Welcome to the eZ Platform Kernel. It is the heart of eZ Platform, a modern CMS built on top of the Symfony (Full Stack) Framework. It contains an advanced Content Model, allowing you to structure any kind of content or content-like data in a future-proof Content Repository. eZ Platform Kernel also aims to provide additional features for the MVC layer (Symfony) to increase your productivity.
This code repository contains several layers of (and implementations of) APIs. Kernel refers to this being the core, as opposed to the Full Stack which has bundles, user interfaces, and installers, all configured to make a complete application.
This repository is for core development; for fixes, features and documentation of the eZ Platform Kernel itself.
eZ Platform is modern, self-sufficient CMS/CMF, and it can be used to meet needs of developers and editorial teams. It has been in development since 2011. Current eZ Platform is the next generation of the product (previously named eZ Publish). It is built on top of the Symfony framework (Full Stack).
Reflecting what is described above there are several options to get a full install of this Kernel:
- eZ Platform: For a clean install of eZ Platform, a modern Symfony CMS.
- eZ Platform demo: A demo website of eZ Platform, as an example for how to get started.
- eZ Platform Enterprise Edition: A commercial distribution of eZ Platform that provides additional features and services aimed at editors, editorial teams, and larger organizations.
eZ Platform aims to be a set of reusable components, with a mix of decoupled and specific bundles putting it all together. From a high level point of view, it contains a Front End / UI Layer, Mid/MVC layer and a Backend (Repository). All layers contain further sub-layers consisting of smaller components.
This git repository contains the main parts of the MVC and Backend layers, with underlying components planned to be provided as separate (sub-tree split) packages for re-usability. As is the case with Solr Bundle.
- eZ/Bundle - the bundles that are important to expose the functionality of the Backend and MVC layer to Symfony.
- eZ/Publish/Core/MVC - the parts that make up the different components extending Symfony.
- eZ/Publish/Core/Pagination - a component extending PagerFanta for pagination of eZ Platform search queries.
- eZ/Publish/API - the definition of stable interfaces for the PHP Public API, mainly Content Repository API.
- eZ/Publish/SPI/Persistence - a layer which is not frozen yet, meaning it might change in between releases. Those are persistence interfaces for Storage Engine.
- eZ/Publish/SPI - (anything other than Persistence) is frozen and has a Backward Compatibility promise of Service Provider Interface, meaning no breaking changes both from consumption and implementation POV.
- eZ/Publish/Core - implementations of both APIs and SPIs; the naming aims to map to name of the interface they implement. For example,
Core\Persistence\Legacybeing implementation of
This kernel contains a comprehensive set of unit, functional, and integration tests. At the time of writing, 9k unit tests, 8k integration tests, and several functional tests.
- PHP 7 Modules: php7_intl php7_xsl php7_gd php7_sqlite (aka
- Database: sqlite3, optionally: mysql/postgres if so make sure to have relevant pdo modules installed
For Contributing to this Bundle, you should make sure to run both unit and integration tests.
Set up this repository locally:
# Note: Change the line below to the ssh format of your fork to create topic branches to propose as pull requests git clone https://github.com/ezsystems/ezplatform-kernel.git cd ezplatform-kernel composer install
Run unit tests:
At this point you should be able to run unit tests:
php -d memory_limit=-1 vendor/bin/phpunit
Run integration tests:
# If you want to test against mysql or postgres instead of sqlite, define one of these with reference to an empty test db: # export DATABASE="mysql://root@localhost/$DB_NAME" # export DATABASE="pgsql://postgres@localhost/$DB_NAME" php -d memory_limit=-1 vendor/bin/phpunit -c phpunit-integration-legacy.xml
To run integration tests against Solr, see Solr Search Engine Bundle for eZ Platform.
Submitting bugs, improvements, and stories is possible in https://jira.ez.no/browse/EZP. If you discover a security issue, please see how to responsibly report such issues in "Reporting security issues in eZ Systems products".
eZ Platform is an open source project, with code contributions made via GitHub pull requests by eZ Systems and the eZ Community.
- Remember to first create an issue in our issue tracker and refer to it in commits and pull request headers. For example: "EZP-20104: Fixed ContentController to return error status when content is not found" or "EZP-20105: Added support for X in Y"
- If you want to contribute implementation-specification proposals, place them in the doc/ folder.
- Keep different changes in different commits in case cherry-pick is preferred instead of a merge later.
- A pull request should only cover one issue.
- A single commit should not contain code changes along with coding standards/whitespace/typo fixes.
- TDD: Write/Change the test(s) for your fix and commit it before you do the actual code change.
- If a bug affects the Public API, write or enhance an integration test to make sure the bug is covered.
- Unit tests should only use mocks/stubs and never test the full stack like integration tests do.
- Please test/check your commits before pushing even if we have automated checks in pull requests:
- Run unit tests and integration tests before commits
- Make sure you follow our coding standards by executing
composer fix-csbefore committing your changes to PHP files.
A dedicated forum has been set up to discuss all PHP API-related topics: eZ Community.
Copyright (c) eZ Systems AS. For copyright and license details see provided LICENSE file.