Kimai Time-Tracking 2
Kimai is a free, open source and online time-tracking software designed for small businesses and freelancers. It is built with modern technologies such as Symfony, Bootstrap, RESTful API, Doctrine, AdminLTE, Webpack, ES6 etc.
- Home - The house of Kimai
- Blog - Get the latest news
- Documentation - Learn how to use
- Translations - Kimai in your language
- Migration - Import data from v1
- PHP 7.2 or higher
- Database (MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite)
- Webserver (nginx, Apache)
- A modern browser
- Other libraries
This is the new version of the open source timetracker Kimai. It is stable and production ready, ships with most advanced features from Kimai 1 and many new ones, including but not limited to:
JSON API, invoicing, data exports, multi-timer and punch-in punch-out mode, tagging, multi-user and multi-timezones, LDAP and built-in authentication, customizable role permissions, responsive and ready for your mobile device, hourly and fixed rates, advanced filtering, money and time budgets with report, support for plugins and many more.
- Recommended setup - with Git and Composer
- Docker - containerized
- Development - on your local machine
- 1-click installer - hosted environments
- FTP - unfortunately still widely used ;-)
Kimai 2 uses a rolling release concept for delivering updates. You can upgrade Kimai at any time , you don't need to wait for the next official release.
Release versions will be created on a regular base (approx. one release per month) and you can should use these tags if you are not familiar with git. Every code change, whether it's a new feature or a bug fix, will be done on the master branch. I have to do it this way, as I develop Kimai in my free time and want to put my effort into the software instead of backporting changes for old versions.