Herbie is a flat-file CMS & blog system. Simple installation - no database - just text files.
Herbie is a simple Flat-File CMS- und Blogsystem based on human readable text files.
With Herbie you are able to create a fully functional website or blog in a short amount of time and with little effort.
Herbie is based on proven libraries and concepts:
- Markdown and Textile for formatting page content
- Twig Template Engine for rendering layouts
- Yaml for configuration and data structures files
- Composer and Packagist for Dependency and Plugin Management
- PHP Middlewares
Herbie supports the following PHP Standards Recommendations:
- PSR-2 Coding Style Guide
- PSR-3 Logger Interface
- PSR-4 Autoloading Standard
- PSR-7 HTTP Message Interface
- PSR-11 Container Interface
- PSR-15 HTTP Handlers
- PSR-16 Simple Cache
- PSR-17 HTTP Factories
The easiest way to install Herbie is via Composer. To do this, execute the following statement in your terminal:
$ composer create-project getherbie/start-website:dev-master myproject
Composer creates your website in the
myproject folder and installs all dependent libraries.
Go to the web directory and start PHPs built-in web server.
$ cd myproject/web $ php -S localhost:8888 index.php
Now, open http://localhost:8888 in your browser. You should then see your first Herbie website.
More information see https://herbie.tebe.ch.