Adds SEO tags for your Flarum forum
First Flarum extension that add SEO tags to your Flarum forum.
If you like to install this extension, run the following command:
composer require v17development/flarum-seo
Run the following command on your server to update the plugin
composer update v17development/flarum-seo
You can use functionalities from this extension in your own extension. For more information, check this knowledge base article.
- Home page
- Tags page (if extension is enabled)
- Discussion page
- User profile
- Pages page (if extension is enabled)
This extension will work with the following extensions enabled or disabled. All extensions are not required, but it will work together if they are installed and enabled:
- Flarum likes from Flarum https://github.com/flarum/likes
- Flarum tags from Flarum https://github.com/flarum/tags
- Selected Post Best answer from FriendsOfFlarum https://discuss.flarum.org/d/21894-friendsofflarum-best-answer
- Sitemap from FriendsOfFlarum https://discuss.flarum.org/d/14941-fof-sitemap
- Pages from FriendsOfFlarum https://discuss.flarum.org/d/18301-friendsofflarum-pages
Potential it could look like this, after Google reindex your site. This could take a while before Google or any other crawler does this. The following screenshots are in Dutch, but you get the concept:
It depends. Recrawling can take a few days, up to a few weeks until most of your results are updated. Use the FriendsOfFlarum Sitemap to let Google know what discussions there are on your forum. You may speed it up by manually update a search result Google via the Google Search Console, but that is no gurantee that the search result will be updated directly.
The extension will use the following SEO methods:
Default HTML meta tags:
robots.txtto your forum, when Sitemap extension of FriendsOfFlarum is enabled, the link to your sitemap.xml will appear in the robots.txt
The Open Graph protocol (for social media, http://ogp.me):
Schema.org SEO standards (most used by Search engines)
Sets page image to social media if set. When the first post contains an image, it will be used instead.
You may like to buy me a coffee and support my work :)