The Nerdery maintained fork of "Symfony Standard Edition" distribution
NOTICE. This fork is deprecated. Please use the Symfony Installer.
This is a Modified fork of the Symfony2 framework, maintained by The Nerdery.
You can create a new empty nerdery-symfony-standard project by running:
composer.phar create-project nerdery/symfony-standard PATH/TO/INSTALL
You can then generate your app's first bundle with the command:
Once you have the source code of your existing or new project, you can install it using the composer install command to pull in the vendor dependencies:
Then, use phing to run the setup tasks:
Lastly, you will need to configure settings in
Before starting coding, make sure that your local system is properly configured for Symfony.
check.php script from the command line:
The script returns a status code of
0 if all mandatory requirements are met,
config.php script from a browser:
If you get any warnings or recommendations, fix them before moving on.
- PHP needs to be a minimum version of PHP 5.3.3
- JSON needs to be enabled
- ctype needs to be enabled
- Your PHP.ini needs to have the date.timezone setting
- You must have Composer installed
- You need to have the PHP-XML module installed
- You need to have at least version 2.6.21 of libxml
- PHP tokenizer needs to be enabled
- mbstring functions need to be enabled
- iconv needs to be enabled
- POSIX needs to be enabled (only on *nix)
- Intl needs to be installed with ICU 4+
- APC 3.0.17+ (or another opcode cache needs to be installed)
- PHP.ini recommended settings
short_open_tag = Off
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_globals = Off
session.autostart = Off
If you want to use Doctrine, you will need to have PDO installed. Additionally, you need to have the PDO driver installed for the database server you want to use.
You can install a production release level of the software with the following command:
This will generate assets and configuration appropriate for building on a
production server. It generates reports on the software and it creates a zip of
the contents in