A PHP microserive template
This is PHP 7 based microservice template that can greatly speed up building of microservices.
- PHP 7.1
- MySQL 5.7 / PerconaDB 5.7
- Slim Framework v3
This is effectively a starter template. You can make changes in the src and the routes folder and have your microservice up and running in a few minutes (depending on what you're trying to do, of course).
The template uses a variety of composer packages. The list is available in composer.json. Many of these are optional - look in src/Model to see which ones may be used.
This starts with namespace definition. The example has a namespace called Book. Inside our namespace, we have:
- Entities - These are Doctrine entities - we're using Doctrine as an ORM here - so you can create and manage your schema with these.
- Models - These contain any business logic you need to apply incoming our outgoing data.
- Helpers - Any generic classes to help you do stuff can go here - if you're not using any third party composer packages.
This contains your microservice routes. It comes with versioned folders and the file within is self explanatory. We don't have controllers on purpose - they make you think like a monolith. A routes file will likely force you into a microservice mindset.
composer create-project --stability dev meezaan/microservice-template project-name
This template comes packaged with several different tools (via composer). Using all of them is optional. You can choose to use them or remove them as you wish. You can even add your own. Below are some useful commands and links to documentation for the tools used:
- Doctrine (ORM and DBAL) - http://www.doctrine-project.org/projects/orm.html
- ApiGen (PHP Documentation) - https://github.com/ApiGen/ApiGen
- MicroService Helper - https://github.com/meezaan/microservice-helper
- PHP Unit - https://phpunit.de/
- Mockery for PHP Unit - http://docs.mockery.io/en/latest/
- Behat and Mink - http://behat.org/en/latest/ and http://mink.behat.org/en/latest/
- PHP CodeSiffer - https://github.com/squizlabs/PHP_CodeSniffer
- PHP Mess Detector - https://phpmd.org/
- Slim Basic Auth
- Slim JWT Auth
- Slim Validation
See composer.json to add / remove packages as you need them.
Generate Entities (getters and setters)
vendor/bin/doctrine orm:generate-entities src/
Run the following to see your options and run a report
To see issues:
To autofix per PSR-2:
vendor/bin/apigen generate src/ --destination docs/php
npm. To install:
npm install apidoc -g
apidoc -i routes/ -o docs/api/
Add docs about artifacts produced.
Feature Toggling / flagging