An API boilerplate for Laravel
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-10-13 10:22:09 UTC
This is a boilerplate for writing RESTful API projects using Laravel. The aim of this boilerplate is to provide developers with scaffolding and common functionality which will make writing APIs exceedingly quick, efficient and convenient.
It is intended for this repository to be used when starting a new API project. Therefore, instead of cloning the laravel repository, you should clone this one.
The principles of this boilerplate are to;
- Save developers considerable effort by using reasonable conventions
- Allow for everything the boilerplate provides to be easily extended and entirely customised to suit developer needs, through normal PHP inheritance
- As well as allow developers to easily use the boilerplate functionality and mix it in with their own implementation
- Follow REST standards very closely
- Use existing Laravel features and existing Laravel add-on packages where possible
- Add many convenient features useful for writing APIs
- Maintain a high level of performance
For setup, usage guidance, and all other docs - please consult the Project Wiki.
If you would like to contribute to this project, please feel free to submit a pull request. If you plan to do any major work - it may be worthwhile messaging the author beforehand to explain your plans and get them approved.
Please keep in mind, this package is only the template portion of the boilerplate, the main portion is l5-api. Before adding any new functionality, you should consider whether it's possible at all to keep it out of this project and rather put it into l5-api, as that is preferred.
Every great project stands on the shoulders of giants. Check out the documentation of these key supporting packages to learn more;
I have tried to include only the packages thought absolutely necessary, so here is a list of packages I recommend checking out:
This boilerplate, much like the Laravel framework is open-source software licensed under the MIT license.