Exo Integration Engine: FaaS, Actions, Triggers
Inspired by the trends in Serverless / FaaS / Cloud Functions.
- Provides a framework to build, call and test reusable stateless functions (actions).
- A language agnostic (json) format to define
configsthat your actions need.
- A service.json format to list the Exo Actions you'd like to expose.
- Uses JSON Schema to validate all input, output and configs.
- Invokers for your Exo Action, so you can easily call/host them locally or remotely.
- Supports functions implemented in PHP or any other language, including executing external commands.
- An HTTP end-point server to serve your functions.
- A Console tool to help build, test and debug your Exo functions.
example/ directory contains an example service with 2 functions, one implemented in PHP, and one generically executing an external CLI tool.
To test it out:
cd example/ ../bin/exo run example/hello-php/exo.action.json < example/input.example.json
This will call the
hello-php Action, passing input arguments through stdin.
Exo is currently in an experimental phase, and some of the features are under construction.
MIT. Please refer to the license file for details.
Check out our other projects at linkorb.com/engineering.
Btw, we're hiring!