Exo Integration Engine: FaaS, Actions, Triggers
Inspired by the trends in Serverless / FaaS / Cloud Functions.
- Provides a framework to build, call and test reusable, stateless, language agnostic functions (actions).
- A language agnostic (json) format to define
configsthat your actions need.
- "Exo Actions" are bundled into reusable "Exo Packages"
- Configure your Exo instance with a
exo.config.jsonfile, importing all the packages your app needs.
- Uses JSON Schema to validate every request, response, input, output and config.
- An HTTP end-point server to serve your functions.
- A Console tool to help build, test and debug your Exo functions.
example/ directory contains an example package with 2 functions, one implemented in PHP, and one generically executing an external CLI tool.
To test it out:
cp .env.dist .env edit .env # setup your EXO_CONFIG path bin/exo action example/hello-php -i greeting=Hello -i name=Alice bin/exo run example/hello-php -i greeting=Hello -i name=Alice
This will call the
hello-php Action, passing input arguments through stdin.
Exo is currently in an experimental phase, and some of the features are under construction.
MIT. Please refer to the license file for details.
Check out our other projects at linkorb.com/engineering.
Btw, we're hiring!