Blazon: publish fast and beautiful websites, campaign sites, documentation, guides etc from data (e.g. Xillion Resources)
Open Issues: 0
- php: >=7.2.0
- guzzlehttp/guzzle: ^7.4
- laminas/laminas-diactoros: ^2.6
- league/commonmark: ^2.3
- league/container: ^4.0
- league/event: ^3.0
- linkorb/xillion: ^1.8
- monolog/monolog: ^2.3
- symfony/console: ^5.2
- symfony/dotenv: ^5.0
- symfony/yaml: ^5.0
- twig/twig: ^1.0
- linkorb/autotune: ^1.0
This package is not auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-05-15 19:45:00 UTC
Blazon is a data-driven, plugin-powered, multi-target content publishing framework.
- Documentation, guides, manuals
- Contracts (with variables)
- Legal documents
- "Conditional text" content
- Wiki content rendering
- Marketing sites
- Policies, Procedures, Forms
- Knowledge graphs
- Digital gardens
- Code repository project documentation
- Complex data graph visualization (i.e. organizational structures)
- Publication: Collection of "documents"
- Document: unique identifier (path), and a controller for rendering output
- Plugin: allows to modify every phase of the loading and publishing process
- Target: one of many outputs, produced by a Publisher (i.e. static html, pdf, etc).
- Load content from local or remote sources
- Markdown, with frontmatter
- Xillion Resources
- Twig templating
- Supports both static site generation and dynamic rendering
- https://github.com/linkorb/starwars-blazon graphql + twig example site
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:linkorb/blazon.git cd blazon composer install # install php dependencies into blazon's vendor/ directory ./bin/blazon -v # get version and help output
Your Blazon project (i.e. your site, book, report, etc) should be stored in it's own directory, preferably a Git repository.
From there, use the
blazon cli tool to generate a static HTML site into the
build/ directory of your project:
cd path/to/my/blazon-project path/to/blazon publish -vvv
- Builds your Publication in-memory, using your custom
PublicationFactory, or the default factory.
- Loops over all registered
- Renders the output of each
handlercallback, and writes it to the Document's
- Recursively copies any public assets (images, css, js, pdfs, etc) from
You can now serve the generated
build/ directory as a static (html) site on your favorite service:
- A simple nginx container
- Github pages
Auto-Publishing with "watch-mode"
-w flag to the
blazon publish command to tell blazon to keep watching your project's source directory for changes. After any detected change, it will automatically (re)publish to
Blazon includes a minimal preview server that you can use while authoring content and styling your publication.
Simply point your favorite PHP-enabled webserver (i.e. apache with mod-php, nginx with php-fpm, etc) to blazon's
Make sure to setup
SOURCE_PATH=/path/to/your/blazon-project in Blazon's
- Builds the publication on every HTTP request
- In-memory, no writes to
- Verbose error messages when setting
- Supports serving static assets from your publication's
It is not recommended to use the preview server in production. Use the
blazon publish command instead for maximum security and performance.
MIT. Please refer to the license file for details.
Brought to you by the LinkORB Engineering team
Check out our other projects at linkorb.com/engineering.
Btw, we're hiring!