Powermail is a well-known, editor-friendly, powerful and easy to use mailform extension with a lots of features
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-06-09 07:56:43 UTC
Powermail is a well-known, editor-friendly, powerful and easy to use mailform extension for TYPO3 with a lots of features (spam prevention, marketing information, optin, ajax submit, diagram analysis, etc...)
Changes done for powermail 8 with TYPO3 10:
- Update for TYPO3 10 (Backendroutes, Conditions, Validators, UserFuncs in Tca, MailMessage class)
- Remove code dependencies to former TYPO3 versions
- Add typehints for PHP 7.2
- Use a different way for GET/POST params (to respect routing)
- Rename _field.pages to .page and _page.forms to .form and add an upgrade wizard for it
- Save mails in future with sys_language_uid=-1 and add an upgrade wizard for it
- Some modernization and code cleanup (Own exceptions, remove AbstractUtility)
- Update unit tests
- Update behaviour tests
- Manual tests (especially in backend context)
- Update documentation from rst to markdown
- Documentation for editors
- Documentation for administrators
- Documentation for developers
- FAQ (with a lot of stuff and best practice)
- Additional links
- Just install this extension - e.g.
composer require in2code/powermail
- Add a static typoscript template to your root template
- Add a new form (with one or more pages and with some fields to a page or a folder)
- Add a new pagecontent (plugin) with type "powermail" and choose the former saved form
- That's all, you can view the result in the frontend
|8.x||10.x||>= 7.2||Features, Bugfixes, Security Updates|
|7.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Security Updates|
|6.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Support dropped|
|5.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Support dropped|
|4.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.5 - 7.2||Security Updates|
|3.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.5 - 7.2||Support dropped|
|2.18 - 2.25||6.2 - 7.6||5.5 - 7.0||Support dropped|
|2.2 - 2.17||6.2 - 7.6||5.3 - 7.0||Support dropped|
Do you need free support? There is a kind TYPO3 community that could help you.
You can ask questions at https://stackoverflow.com and tag your question with
In addition there is a slack channel in the TYPO3 slack
Please look into the changelog of powermail
- email2powermail Automatically convert emails to a link to a powermail form Link
- powermailrecaptcha Google recaptcha Link
- invisiblerecaptcha Google invisible recaptcha Link
- powermailextended Is just an example extension how to extend powermail with new fields or use signals Link
- powermail_cond Add conditions (via AJAX) to powermail forms for fields and pages Link
- powermail_fastexport Extend powermail for faster export to .xlsx / .csv files. This is useful if you have many records to be exported. Link
The product owner and author of the extension is Alex Kellner from in2code. Beside that every in2code colleague is allowed to support further development if she/he wants. In addition there are a lot of other contributors that helped to improve the extension with their Pull Requests - thank you for that!
Powermail uses semantic versioning which basically means for you, that
- bugfix updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.0.1) just includes small bugfixes or security relevant stuff without breaking changes.
- minor updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.1.0) includes new features and smaller tasks without breaking changes.
- major updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 2.0.0) normally includes basic refactoring, new features and also breaking changes.
We try to mark breaking changes in the changelog with a leading !!! and try to explain what to do on an upgrade (e.g. VieHelper name changed from vh:foo to vh:bar in templates).
In addition powermail is using Git Flow as Git workflow. That means that there is one branch which contains new and untested code: develop. The branch master only contains tested code which will also be tagged from time to time.
release early, release often we try to release new versions as often as possible into TER and to github/packagist.
There is a huge testparcours that have to be passed before every release. For example there is an automatic test where the browser tries to submit 18 different strings and numbers to a field that accepts only phone numbers to test serverside validation. After that the same process is done for clientside valiation. There are also some smaller tests like "Is it possible to submit a form on a page where two different forms are stored?".
See readme.md for some more information about behat and selenium tests on powermail.
At the moment powermail offers 543 (and growing) unit tests that have to be passed before every release. See more information about unit tests or code coverage in powermail in the readme.md
Beside respecting PSR-2 and TYPO3 coding guidelines, it's very important for the project to leave a file cleaner as before. Especially because it's a really large extension with a lot of functionality and a history of 10 years (!) and of course some technical debts, that have to be fixed step by step (e.g. moving logic completely to Domain folder, ...). Look at Sonarqube for some interesting details on that.
Pull requests are welcome in general! Nevertheless please don't forget to add a description to your pull requests. This is very helpful to understand what kind of issue the PR is going to solve.
- Bugfixes: Please describe what kind of bug your fix solve and give us feedback how to reproduce the issue. We're going to accept only bugfixes if I can reproduce the issue.
- Features: Not every feature is relevant for the bulk of powermail users. In addition: We don't want to make powermail even more complicated in usability for an edge case feature. Please discuss a new feature before.
$ cd Resources/Private $ npm install $ ./node_modules/.bin/gulp