Powermail is a well-known, editor-friendly, powerful and easy to use mailform extension with a lots of features
Powermail is a well-known, editor-friendly, powerful and easy to use mailform extension for TYPO3 with a lots of features (spam prevention, marketing information, optin, ajax submit, diagram analysis, etc...)
Please look at the manual for a detailed documentation at official extension documentation of TYPO3
- Just install this extension - e.g.
composer require in2code/powermailor download it or install it with the classic way (Extension Manager)
- Clear caches
- Add a new form (with one or more pages and with some fields to a page or a folder)
- Add a new pagecontent with type "powermail" and choose the former saved form
- That's it
|7.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Features, Bugfixes, Security Updates|
|6.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Support dropped|
|5.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.x||Support dropped|
|4.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.5 - 7.2||Bugfixes, Security Updates|
|3.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.5 - 7.2||Security Updates|
|2.18 - 2.25||6.2 - 7.6||5.5 - 7.0||Security Updates|
|2.2 - 2.17||6.2 - 7.6||5.3 - 7.0||Support dropped|
Please look into the official extension documentation in changelog chapter
- email2powermail Automatically convert emails to a link to a powermail form Link
- powermailrecaptcha Google recaptcha Link
- invisiblerecaptcha Google invisible recaptcha Link
- powermailextended Is just an example extension how to extend powermail with new fields or use signals Link
- powermail_cond Add conditions (via AJAX) to powermail forms for fields and pages Link
- powermail_fastexport Extend powermail for faster export to .xlsx / .csv files. This is useful if you have many records to be exported. Link
- At the moment powermail does not support TYPO3 workspaces (See in2publish as an alternative to workspaces)
- The extensions compatibility6 and compatibility7 could conflict with powermail
There are some ideas for future developments (like removing jQuery dependency, etc...) but there is no final roadmap. Nevertheless it's planned to release a version for TYPO3 10 (TYPO3 9 is of course already supported).
The product owner and author of the extension is Alex Kellner from in2code. Beside that every in2code colleague is allowed to support further development if she/he wants. In addition there are a lot of other contributors that helped to improve the extension with their Pull Requests - thank you for that!
Powermail uses semantic versioning which basically means for you, that
- bugfix updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.0.1) just includes small bugfixes or security relevant stuff without breaking changes.
- minor updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.1.0) includes new features and smaller tasks without breaking changes.
- major updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 2.0.0) normally includes basic refactoring, new features and also breaking changes.
We try to mark breaking changes in the changelog with a leading !!! and try to explain what to do on an upgrade (e.g. VieHelper name changed from vh:foo to vh:bar in templates).
In addition powermail is using Git Flow as Git workflow. That means that there is one branch which contains new and untested code: develop. The branch master only contains tested code which will also be tagged from time to time.
release early, release often we try to release new versions as often as possible into TER and to github/packagist.
This extension is, of course available on packagist.
You can install it via composer with
composer require in2code/powermail
And of course you don't need to run your TYPO3-environment in composer mode. Powermail works also in classic mode.
There is a huge testparcours that have to be passed before every release. For example there is an automatic test where the browser tries to submit 18 different strings and numbers to a field that accepts only phone numbers to test serverside validation. After that the same process is done for clientside valiation. There are also some smaller tests like "Is it possible to submit a form on a page where two different forms are stored?".
See readme.md for some more information about behat and selenium tests on powermail.
At the moment powermail offers 543 (and growing) unit tests that have to be passed before every release. See more information about unit tests or code coverage in powermail in the readme.md
Beside respecting PSR-2 and TYPO3 coding guidelines, it's very important for the project to leave a file cleaner as before. Especially because it's a really large extension with a lot of functionality and a history of 10 years (!) and of course some technical debts, that have to be fixed step by step (e.g. moving logic completely to Domain folder, ...). Look at Sonarqube for some interesting details on that.
Pull requests are welcome in general! Nevertheless please don't forget to add a description to your pull requests. This is very helpful to understand what kind of issue the PR is going to solve.
- Bugfixes: Please describe what kind of bug your fix solve and give us feedback how to reproduce the issue. We're going to accept only bugfixes if I can reproduce the issue.
- Features: Not every feature is relevant for the bulk of powermail users. In addition: We don't want to make powermail even more complicated in usability for an edge case feature. Please discuss a new feature before.
$ cd Resources/Private $ npm install $ ./node_modules/.bin/gulp
- A disclaimer functionality was added to sendermail and optinmail. So now sender can delete all their data from the server (really delete) by clicking a link in the mail.
- A large refactoring
- For TYPO3 9.x
- And for PHP 7.0 - 7.2
- Migration for powermail 2.x was removed - see my post how to upgrade from 2.x to 5.x
- A small refactoring of the mail related service classes
- Add a possibility to create columns in a form for e.g. bootstrap
- TYPO3 7.6 is still supported in this major version
- General update for TYPO3 7.6 and 8.x
- Table name correction from plural to singular (..mails => ..mail, ..fields => ..field)
- Add bootstrap
- Remove old form converter (converted 1.x to 2.x forms)
- Enable table garbage collector scheduler tasks per default
- Add DataProcessors to change mail object before it's persisted or used in mails
- Own spamshield methods could be registered via TypoScript now
- Refactoring of upload function
- Add signals to ValidationDataAttributeViewHelper, PrefillFieldViewHelper and PrefillMultiFieldViewHelper
- Some code cleanup