WPGraphQL for Gravity Forms
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-09-30 17:22:44 UTC
Using GraphQL means that if your frontend app needs to fetch data for a number of different resources, all of that data can be fetched from the server with a single request. Your frontend app can even define which fields it requires for each of the resources, giving it full control over which pieces of data are fetched and included in the response.
Fortunately, a GraphQL implementation exists for WordPress - WPGraphQL.
WPGraphQL for Gravity Forms extends the WPGraphQL plugin, allowing frontend apps to interact with the Gravity Forms data stored in a headless WordPress backend. This plugin couples the great forms functionality of Gravity Forms with the powerful WordPress-specific GraphQL implementation that WPGraphQL provides.
Our hope for this open source project is that it will enable more teams to leverage GraphQL for building fast, interactive frontend apps that source their data from WordPress and Gravity Forms.
- PHP 7.4-8.1+
- WordPress 5.4.1+
- WPGraphQL 1.9.0+
- Gravity Forms 2.5+ (Recommend: v2.6+)
- Recommended: WPGraphQL Upload - used for File Upload and Post Image submissions.
- Install & activate WPGraphQL.
- Install & activate Gravity Forms and any supported addons.
- Download the latest release
.zipfile, upload it to your WordPress install, and activate the plugin.
composer require harness-software/wp-graphql-gravity-forms
As we work towards a 1.0 Release, we will need to introduce numerous breaking changes. We will do our best to group multiple breaking changes together in a single release, to make it easier on developers to keep their projects up-to-date.
Until we hit v1.0, we're using a modified version of Semantic Versioning
v0.x: "Major" releases. These releases introduce new features, and may contain breaking changes to either the PHP API or the GraphQL schema. v0.x.y: "Minor" releases. These releases introduce new features and enhancements and address bugs. They do not contain breaking changes. v0.x.y.z: "Patch" releases. These releases are reserved for addressing issue with the previous release only.
Development of WPGraphQL for Gravity Forms is provided by AxePress Development. Community contributions are welcome and encouraged.
Priority support and custom development are available to our Sponsors.
- Querying forms and entries.
- Submitting forms.
- Updating entries and draft entries.
- Deleting entries and draft entries.
- Triggering builds with WPGatsby and Jamstack Deployments
- Add support for remaining form fields
- Ability to query for lists of draft entries.
- Ability to create, update, and delete an individual Gravity Form.
- Supported Gravity Forms form fields
- Using Global IDs vs Database IDs
- Querying forms
- Querying entries & draft entries
formFieldsand their values
- Submitting forms
- Updating entries & draft entries
- Deleting entries & draft entries
- Actions & Filters
- Register a Gravity Forms Form to a custom GraphQL field
- Register a custom GraphQL connection to Gravity Forms entries
- Register a custom Gravity Forms field to the GraphQL schema
- Add GraphQL mutation support for a custom Gravity Forms field