Paste reference instead of copy for content elements in TYPO3
Installs: 39 646
- php: ^7.4 || ^8.0
- typo3/cms-backend: ^11.5
- typo3/cms-core: ^11.5
- ergebnis/composer-normalize: ^2.28
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-05-30 12:43:00 UTC
This extension brings the extracted functions from gridelements to copy and paste content elements also as reference and not only as copy. A lot of TYPO3 users love these features but don't know that this aren't core features.
- Copy content elements and paste as reference (also in context menu with right click)
- Copy content elements from other pages in page module
- Full documentation in TYPO3 TER
Installation using Composer
The recommended way to install the extension is using Composer.
Run the following command within your Composer based TYPO3 project:
composer require ehaerer/paste-reference
Installation as extension from TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER) - not recommended
Download and install the extension with the extension manager module.
2.2 Minimal setup
- Just install the extension and you are done
3 Report issues
Please report issue directly in the issue tracker in the Github repository.
4 Administration corner
4.1 Settings in extension configuration
- disableCopyFromPageButton - You can disable the "copy from page button" in the page module if you don't need it.
Please look into the official extension documentation in changelog chapter.
4.3 Release Management
Paste reference uses semantic versioning, which means, that
- bugfix updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.0.1) just includes small bugfixes or security relevant stuff without breaking changes,
- minor updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.1.0) includes new features and smaller tasks without breaking changes,
- and major updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 2.0.0) breaking changes wich can be refactorings, features or bugfixes.
Pull Requests are gladly welcome! Nevertheless please don't forget to add an issue and connect it to your pull requests. This is very helpful to understand what kind of issue the PR is going to solve.
Bugfixes: Please describe what kind of bug your fix solve and give us feedback how to reproduce the issue. We're going to accept only bugfixes if we can reproduce the issue.
Features: Not every feature is relevant for the bulk of
paste_reference users. In addition: We don't want to make
even more complicated in usability for an edge case feature. It helps to have a discussion about a new feature before you open a pull request.