Sends your logs to files, sockets, inboxes, databases and various web services
- dev-main / 2.x-dev
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-11-30 03:58:06 UTC
Monolog sends your logs to files, sockets, inboxes, databases and various web services. See the complete list of handlers below. Special handlers allow you to build advanced logging strategies.
This library implements the PSR-3 interface that you can type-hint against in your own libraries to keep a maximum of interoperability. You can also use it in your applications to make sure you can always use another compatible logger at a later time. As of 1.11.0 Monolog public APIs will also accept PSR-3 log levels. Internally Monolog still uses its own level scheme since it predates PSR-3.
Install the latest version with
$ composer require monolog/monolog
<?php use Monolog\Logger; use Monolog\Handler\StreamHandler; // create a log channel $log = new Logger('name'); $log->pushHandler(new StreamHandler('path/to/your.log', Logger::WARNING)); // add records to the log $log->warning('Foo'); $log->error('Bar');
- Usage Instructions
- Handlers, Formatters and Processors
- Utility Classes
- Extending Monolog
- Log Record Structure
Tidelift delivers commercial support and maintenance for the open source dependencies you use to build your applications. Save time, reduce risk, and improve code health, while paying the maintainers of the exact dependencies you use.
Third party handlers, formatters and processors are listed in the wiki. You can also add your own there if you publish one.
^2.0works with PHP 7.2 or above, use Monolog
^1.25for PHP 5.3+ support.
Monolog 1.x support is somewhat limited at this point and only important fixes will be done. You should migrate to Monolog 2 where possible to benefit from all the latest features and fixes.
Bugs and feature request are tracked on GitHub
- Frameworks and libraries using PSR-3 can be used very easily with Monolog since it implements the interface.
- Symfony comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Laravel comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Lumen comes out of the box with Monolog.
- PPI comes out of the box with Monolog.
- CakePHP is usable with Monolog via the cakephp-monolog plugin.
- Slim is usable with Monolog via the Slim-Monolog log writer.
- XOOPS 2.6 comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Aura.Web_Project comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Nette Framework can be used with Monolog via contributte/monolog extension.
- Proton Micro Framework comes out of the box with Monolog.
- FuelPHP comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Equip Framework comes out of the box with Monolog.
- Yii 2 is usable with Monolog via the yii2-monolog or yii2-psr-log-target plugins.
- Hawkbit Micro Framework comes out of the box with Monolog.
- SilverStripe 4 comes out of the box with Monolog.
Monolog is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details
This library is heavily inspired by Python's Logbook library, although most concepts have been adjusted to fit to the PHP world.