Yii PHP Framework Version 2 - Development Package
Thank you for choosing Yii 2 - a modern PHP framework designed for professional Web development.
Yii 2 is a complete rewrite of its previous version Yii 1.1 which is one of the most popular PHP frameworks. Yii 2 inherits the main spirit behind Yii for being simple, fast and highly extensible. Yii 2 requires PHP 5.4 and embraces the best practices and protocols found in modern Web application development.
Yii 2 is not ready for production use yet. We may make significant changes without prior notices. We expect to make the first stable release of Yii 2 in the middle of 2014.
If you mainly want to learn Yii with no real project development requirement, we highly recommend you start with Yii 2 as it will be our main focus for the next few years.
If you have a real project with tight schedule, you should stick to Yii 1.1 which is the latest stable release of Yii.
apps/ ready-to-use application templates advanced/ a template suitable for building sophisticated Web applications basic/ a template suitable for building simple Web applications benchmark/ an application demonstrating the performance of Yii build/ internally used build tools docs/ documentation extensions/ extensions framework/ core framework code tests/ tests of the core framework code
The minimum requirement by Yii is that your Web server supports PHP 5.4.
A draft of the Definitive Guide is available.
API docs and a rendering of the definitive guide are currently available under the following urls:
- http://stuff.cebe.cc/yii2docs/ API and Definitive Guide (updated every 15 minutes from the github source)
- http://www.yiiframework.com/doc-2.0/guide-index.html API and Definitive Guide (last updated for the beta release)
- http://stuff.cebe.cc/yii2-guide.pdf The PDF version of the Guide
For 1.1 users, you may refer to Upgrading from Yii 1.1 to have a general idea of what has changed in 2.0.
Your participation to Yii 2 development is very welcome!
You may participate in the following ways:
- Report issues
- Give us feedback or start a design discussion
- Fix issues, develop features, write/polish documentation
- Before you start, please adopt an existing issue (labelled with "ready for adoption") or start a new one to avoid duplicated efforts.
- Please submit a merge request after you finish development.
In order to make it easier we've prepared special
yii2-dev Composer package.