Simple starter kit for the Laravel framework.
A simple starter kit for the Laravel framework.
Hearth is a simple starter kit for the Laravel framework. It provides a few things out of the box:
- A user model with login, registration, email verification
- Optional two-factor authentication support for users.
- An organization model.
- A membership model which reflects users' roles within organizations.
- An invitation model which allows users to be invited to join organizations.
- A resource model supporting creation of and access to a library of open educational resources in a wide range of formats.
- Multilingual support, including localized routes.
- Bare bones views which can be published and customized as needed.
You may use Composer to install Hearth into your new Laravel project:
composer require fluid-project/hearth
Note: attempting to install Hearth into an existing Laravel application will result in unexpected behaviour.
After installing the Hearth package, you can use the
hearth:install Artisan command to
install the Hearth scaffolding within your Laravel application:
php artisan hearth:install
After installing Hearth, you will need to install and build your NPM dependencies, run your database migrations and link public storage:
npm install npm run dev php artisan migrate php artisan storage:link
In order to test emails (for example, using Mailhog with Laravel Sail),
you must update your Laravel application's
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS environment variable with a
properly-formatted email address. For local development, this might be
firstname.lastname@example.org (assuming your local
application is accessible at
Please see CHANGELOG for more information on what has changed recently.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.
Please review our security policy on how to report security vulnerabilities.
The BSD 3-Clause License. Please see License File for more information.
Hearth is based on other publicly available software, categorized by license: