Send push notifications through Web Push Protocol to your Symfony users.
This bundle allows your app to leverage the Web Push protocol to send notifications to your users' devices, whether they're online or not.
With a small amount of code, you'll be able to associate your Symfony users to WebPush Subscriptions:
- A single user can subscribe from multiple browsers/devices
- Multiple users can subscribe from a single browser/device
This bundle uses your own persistence system (Doctrine or anything else) to manage these associations.
We assume you have a minimum knowledge of how Push Notifications work, otherwise we highly recommend you to read Matt Gaunt's Web Push Book.
Example Use cases
- You have a todolist app - notify users they're assigned a task
- You have an eCommerce app:
- Notify your customer their order has been shipped
- Notify your category manager they sell a product
- The UserSubscription entity
- The UserSubscription manager
- Configure the bundle
This bundle is just the back-end part of the subscription process. For the front-end part, have a look at the webpush-client package.
PHP7.1+ is required.
composer require bentools/webpush-bundle 0.5.*
If you're using Symfony 3, add the bundle to your kernel. With Symfony Flex, this should be done automatically.
⚠️ We aren't on stable version yet - expect some changes.
php bin/console webpush:generate:keys
You'll have to update your config with the given keys. We encourage you to store them in environment variables or in
This bundle leverages the minishlink/web-push library.