Migrate your PIM to the latest version!
This tool aims to help you to migrate your PIM 1.7 standard edition (either Community or Enterprise) to the new version 2.0. All your data will be migrated seamlessly. Your source PIM won't be updated nor touched. Instead, we'll perform the migration in a brand new PIM 2.0. Several reasons led us to this choice:
- the System Requirements have changed between Akeneo PIM 1.7 and 2.0
- with variant groups and inner variation (a paid extension for the Enterprise Edition) there are a lot of different and complex use cases to migrate products data
- the need to migrate real production data without worrying about a failure, a problem or an incomplete migration
The 1.7 source PIM you will migrate from can be either installed locally or remotely.
The 2.0 destination PIM you will migrate to should be installed locally running on the port 80, you can install it following these instructions. We do not support the Docker installation yet regarding Transporteo.
Both PIM should be functionnals and have a functionnal API with admin rights.
Before proceeding, we strongly encourage you to read our documentation and our functional and technical blog posts about the version 2.0:
- System Requirements, documentation
- Community Edition BC Breaks, documentation
- Enterprise Edition BC Breaks (check out the file
CHANGELOG-2.0.mdprovided at the root of your archive), documentation
- Story of Storage, technical blog post
- Single Product Storage?, technical blog post
- Re-building the storage from the ground up, technical blog post
- Offer choice with variants!, functional blog post
- How Akeneo deals products with variants?, functional blog post
This tool has a dedicated release cycle and we're regularly releasing improvements in new versions.
We count on your feedback to continue to improve it in attempt to cover all your migration needs, don't hesitate to open issues describing your cases.
|Community||Access Control List||1.0.0-alpha1|
|Enterprise||Product Asset Categories||1.0.0-alpha1|
|ElasticSearchBundle||Not relevant as ElasticSearch is now part of the native stack|
The modeling of the variations with the IVB must be well structured to be fully handled by Transporteo. In the PIM 2.0, a family variant can't have more than 5 axis, and this axis should be one of the following types:
- Simple select
- Reference data simple select
If one these conditions is not fulfilled, the products concerned won't be migrated. You will have to think about a better modeling for these products and migrate them manually.
You can find the details of the errors in the file "var/logs/error.log".
For now, the custom code migration is not automated.
Our plan is to enrich Transporteo with a step by step assistant to help you updating your custom code.
- a SSH client
And the same requirements as the PIM as you need a PIM installed on your computer (instructions). As we don't use Elasticsearch in Transporteo, you can install it the way you want.
$ composer.phar create-project "akeneo/transporteo":"dev-master"
If the 1.7 source PIM you will migrate from is installed remotely, you'll be asked to provide a private SSH key able to connect to this server.
To launch the tool, run:
$ php Transporteo.php akeneo-pim:migrate
then, let you guide ;)
At the end of the tool's job, you will have your database setuped with your data but we do not migrate your custom code. You will have to migrate it following this upgrade file.
We plan to automate this part in future release, stay tuned ! :)
Tip: You can define the default responses in the file "src/Infrastructure/Common/config/parameters.yml"
Please, have a look on the CONTRIBUTING page.
We will continuously improve this tool, you can follow our plans here.
You can also have a look on the changelog.