PHP library - Validators for standards from ISO, International Finance, Public Administrations, GS1, Book and Music Industries, Phone numbers & Zipcodes for many countries
PHP library - Validators for standards from ISO, International Finance, Public Administrations, GS1, Book Industry, Phone numbers & Zipcodes for many countries
// Sending letters to the Labrador Islands ? $isCanadian = ZipCode::validate('A0A 1A0', 'CA'); // Checking out your e-commerce shopping cart? $isBankable = CreditCard::validate('12345679123456'); // Transferring money worldwide? $isSwiftBic = SwiftBic::validate('CEDELULLXXX'); // Paying your taxes in Madrid? $isTaxableInSpain = Nif::validate('A999999L'); // Receiving containers from Port of Shanghai? $isShippingContainerCode = Sscc::validate('806141411234567896'); // Publishing books? $isPublished = Isbn::validate('2-2110-4199-X') // Trading items with GTIN barcodes in GS1 system? $isBarcode = Ean13::validate('4719512002889') // Calling phone numbers in Palo Alto? $isPhonable = PhoneNumber::validate('+1-650-798-2800', 'US') // Buying Apple stocks? $isISIN = Isin::validate('US0378331005'); // Apple Inc. (AAPL) // Trading Apple products? $isCUSIP = Cusip::validate('037833100'); // Apple Inc. (AAPL) // Checking your iPhone device is valid? $isDevice = Imei::validate('352066060926230');
- IBAN (requires
- BBAN (RIB, requires
- Credit Card number
- SEDOL (Stock Exchange codes)
- ISBN - International Standard Book Number, both 10 & 13 digits
- ISMN - International Standard Music Number
- ISWC - International Standard Musical Work Code
- IMEI - International Mobile Equipment Identity
- ISIN - International Securities Identification Number
- Country-specific VAT / tax system: various VAT number formats
- France: Numéro de Sécurité Sociale / INSEE, SIREN, SIRET, Codes postaux, Clef Type 1/2 Norme B2
- US: Social Security number
- UK: National Insurance Number (NINO)
- Belgium: Structured Ccommunication ("communication structurée")
- Spain: NIF, NIE (Número de Identificación Fiscal/Extranjero) & CIF (Código de identificación fiscal)
- Netherlands: Burgerservicenummer / Citizen Service Number (BSN)
- Finland: HETU, Henkilötunnus (Finnish personal identity code)
- Switzerland: Business Orgs UID (VAT) Number / Unternehmens-Identifikationsnummer
- GTIN - Global Trade Item Number: GTIN-8, GTIN-12, GTIN-13, GTIN-14
- GLN - Global Location Number
- SSCC - Serial Shipping Container Code
- GRAI - Global Returnable Asset Identifier
- GSRN - Global Service Relation Number
- GDTI - Global Document Type Identifier
- UDI - Unique Device Identification (the GTIN part of it)
- Older/deprecated identifiers, now in GTIN: EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC-13, UPC-A, DUN-14, ITF-14
- ZIP code validators for 175+ countries
- Phone number validation for all countries/regions of the world
Each code has its own validator. Each validator is illustrated by a unit test case.
IsoCodes is compatible with all versions of PHP that are actively supported by the PHP project, plus hhvm.
Continously inspecting results (phpdoc, phpmd, phpcc, etc.) available on Scrutinizer CI
For IBAN & BBAN ISO-codes, PHP is required to be compiled with "--enable-bcmath" for arbitrary precision mathematic checks.
Usually, you already have
bcmath bundled in your PHP version, since many common PHP packages (
libapache2-mod-php5, etc.) in stable GNU/Linux distribution releases (such as Debian) are listed as having
bcmath built in to them, as an included module.
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ronanguilloux/IsoCodes.git
Autoloading is PSR-0 friendly.
Require the latest version of
ronanguilloux/isocodes with Composer
$ composer require ronanguilloux/isocodes
Install Soullivaneuh/IsoCodesValidator to get IsoCodes working as Validator for Symfony and Silex.
Install gourmet/validation to get IsoCodes working with CakePHP 3 as a validator.
Install pixelpeter/laravel5-isocodes-validation to get IsoCodes working with Laravel 5 as a validator.
$ phpunit --testdox --coverage-text
For development & contribution purpose only, a Makefile provides various tools to check your code style, quality & test coverage:
Usual tasks: To initialize vendors: make To check code quality: make quality To run tests suite: make tests To fix code style: make cs-fix Other specific tasks: To evaluate code coverage: make codecoverage To run a simple continuous tests server: make continuous To dry-fix code style issues: make dry-fix To evaluate code quality stats: make stats To update vendors using Composer: make update
Isocodes quality plan is mainly based on phpunit: it runs 980+ unit tests, with separated valid & invalid entry sets. Test values are mainly real data or documented examples from standard documentation, and a few handmade values.
composer.json already includes these Php Quality Assurance Toolchain libraries:
$ make stats -i
XML report outputs are then generated in a new
Code covering report built using Coveralls.io. How-to generate such code coverage report using PHPUnit.
- GNU GPL v3
- You can find a copy of this software here: https://github.com/ronanguilloux/IsoCodes
Contributors list: Many thanks to all!
Many thanks to JetBrains PhpStorm for having sponsored the IsoCode library development from the very beginning! Any contributor having an accepted PR may receive an Open Source License Key for PhpStorm IDE. Just ping Ronan via email to get one.