A bundle that provides the possibility to generate api keys for rest apis
Symfony Bundle which provides an approach to authenticate users with API tokens.
Unfortunately @Ma27 doesn't have sufficient time to to keep this project running. Just open an issue if you're interested in helping out.
This bundle applies the concept of a stateless user authenticator as described in the Symfony CookBook.
Furthermore it contains some extra features:
- RESTful actions in order to generate its own api key and for the logout
- Generator for safe API keys
- Abstract model based on
doctrine/common(it is possible to use any Doctrine implementation like
- Powerful event system (it is possible to hook into all important processes)
- Implementation to manage password hashing using different strategies
- Command which purges API keys that weren't used for a certain time
To get a basic idea of how this bundle works, please refer to the following
- Authenticate users with API keys using Symfony and Doctrine
- How to block users with the Ma27ApiKeyAuthenticationBundle
In order to read the official documentation, please refer to the Resources/doc/index.md file.
- Support and BC promise
1.2 is the latest
1.x release and will experience support for one year after the final
2.0.0 release came out.
1.2 version still supports a lot of legacy PHP versions (
hhvm and PHP from
2.0 dropped support for each PHP and HHVM versions except PHP 7.1.
The support Symfony versions are
2.8 and all
The ancient, unsupported development versions (all
0.x versions) were experimental development versions and contained BC breaks.
1.x versions on backward compatibility is provided when jumping between minor releases.
This rule doesn't apply to internals of the codebase (these internals are marked with the
@internal annotation or have a
private visibility modifier).