Versatile news extension, based on extbase & fluid for TYPO3 CMS
- dev-master / 6.x-dev
It is a highly customizable framework for chronological organized content - much more than just a news list! (Quote by an user)
- Based on extbase & fluid, implementing best practices from TYPO3 CMS
- Supporting editors & authors by providing
- well structured plugins with good preview functionality
- backend module with filter & search
- Frontend template variant based on Twitter Bootstrap (v3)
- (Well documented)1
The recommended way to install the extension is by using Composer. In your Composer based TYPO3 project root, just do
composer require georgringer/news.
Download and install the extension with the extension manager module.
- Include the static TypoScript of the extension. Optional: If your templates are based on Twitter Bootstrap, add the TWB styles as well to get optimized templates.
- Create some news records on a sysfolder.
- Create a plugin on a page and select at least the sysfolder as startingpoint.
Why? The news extension is a powerful tool with a lot of features, always trying to thrive on the latest possibilities of the TYPO3 core. This implies a lot of work bringing this to the TYPO3 community.
How? There are multiple ways to support the further development
- Patreon: Support me on patreon.com and get access to additional extensions and snippets as reward.
- PayPal: Support me by a donation on paypal.com. It is just one click away.
- Amazon Wishlist: Satisfy a wish of my Amazon wishlist.
|7.x||8.7 - 9.x||7.0 - 7.2||Features, Bugfixes, Security Updates|
|6.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.6 - 7.2||Features, Bugfixes, Security Updates|
|5.x||7.6 - 8.7||5.6 - 7.2||none|
|4.x||7.6||5.5 - 5.6||none|
|3.x||6.2||5.5 - 5.6||Security Updates|
Please look into the official extension documentation in changelog chapter
News uses semantic versioning which basically means for you, that
- bugfix updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.0.1) just includes small bugfixes or security relevant stuff without breaking changes.
- minor updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 1.1.0) includes new features and smaller tasks without breaking changes.
- major updates (e.g. 1.0.0 => 2.0.0) breaking changes wich can be refactorings, features or bugfixes.
Pull requests are welcome in general! Nevertheless please don't forget to add an issue and connect it to your pull requests. This is very helpful to understand what kind of issue the PR is going to solve.
- Bugfixes: Please describe what kind of bug your fix solve and give us feedback how to reproduce the issue. We're going to accept only bugfixes if I can reproduce the issue.
- Features: Not every feature is relevant for the bulk of
newsusers. In addition: We don't want to make
newseven more complicated in usability for an edge case feature. Please discuss a new feature before.