Converts multiple markdown files to HTML and PDF.
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2022-11-13 17:16:57 UTC
PHP application to convert multiple markdown files to HTML and PDF.
It's a more simple alternative to e.g. pandoc.
This is a very early prototype! Without any release, yet.
Checkout the full Documentation in this repository or checkout the rendered PDF version (TODO).
Download the latest phar binary or add this package (
armin/md2pdf) to your composer.json.
When using Composer to require the package, you can access the binary on CLI using:
Now, you need to create
md2pdf.yaml file in your project's root directory.
title: Test Document author: Armin Vieweg baseUrl: https://github.com/a-r-m-i-n/md2pdf/blob/master rootPath: . structure: - section: Documentation level: 1 - docs/index.md - docs/configuration.md - section: README Contents level: 1 - README.md output: md2pdf-documentation.pdf
In this file, we define the structure of the HTML/PDF output. We can also separate contents, using sections.
Now, you can simply run:
As already mentioned before, this is a very early prototype. The code needs heavy refactoring, some functionality is not working properly or still missing entirely.
It is planned to implement four modes you can choose from:
- init - to kickstart initial md2pdf.yaml file
- check - for new and missing files in structure
- update - update md2pdf.yaml structure (apply results from check)
- build - create the actual output
Currently, the build mode is the only implemented one.
- Merge configured markdown structure (files) and convert to HTML (using league/commonmark)
- Provide extended anchors (including sanitized filename)
- Replace relative links to documentation by extended anchors (does not work properly, yet)
- Prepend configured baseUrl to relative links to files in repository (which are not part of the configured markdwn structure)
- Provide table of content for every headline (with page numbers, good for printing)
- Provide bookmarks for every headline (good for PDF readers)
- Add custom sections to structure to separate contents
- Level customizable (starts with 1)
- You can also pass additional formatted texts, using the
contentssub-key, which accepts markdown formatted input
- Syntax highlighting for embedded code (configurable, using scrivo/highlight.php)
- Configurable styles
- Manual page-breaks and orientation changes possible (
<!-- PAGEBREAK --> <!-- PAGEBREAK:L --> <!-- PAGEBREAK:P -->)
- Output converted markdown contents (via HTML) to PDF (using mpdf/mpdf)
- Phar compiler
- because of filesize reasons, only the TTF fonts "DejaVuSerif" and "DejaVuSans" are included to phar binary
- Modes: init, check and update
- Refactored analyzing of relative links in markdown content
- PDF setup
- sizes, borders, etc
- path to custom fonts
- ability to also save the HTML file
- configuration to disable bookmarks
- cleanup (remove tmp dir)
- complete documentation