Make comments management easier by applying some of the simple hacks Joost gathered over decades of using WordPress.
Make comments management easier by applying the simple hacks Joost has gathered over the years.
This plugin adds some small hacks around core WordPress comments to make them more bearable:
- Cleaner comment notification emails.
- The option to enforce a comment policy.
- The option to forward comments to an email address (for instance for your support team) and then trash them.
- The option to disallow comments below a certain length.
- The option to redirect first time commenters to a "thank you" page.
- An input field on the comment edit screen to change the comment parent ID.
- Links in the admin comments section to email individual commenters.
- A button in the WP toolbar to email all the commenters on a post.
This repository uses the Yoast grunt tasks plugin.
Screenshot of a clean comment notification email:
The comment parent edit box:
The plugins admin settings:
The button on the frontend to email all the commenters on a post:
The link in the backend to email an individual commenters on a post: