Handle the output of complex data structures ready for API output.
- dev-master / 0.13.x-dev
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2021-04-11 12:38:16 UTC
Fractal provides a presentation and transformation layer for complex data output, the like found in RESTful APIs, and works really well with JSON. Think of this as a view layer for your JSON/YAML/etc.
When building an API it is common for people to just grab stuff from the database and pass it
json_encode(). This might be passable for "trivial" APIs but if they are in use by the public,
or used by mobile applications then this will quickly lead to inconsistent output.
- Create a protective shield between source data and output, so schema changes do not affect users
- Systematic type-casting of data, to avoid
foreach()ing through and
- Include (a.k.a embedding, nesting or side-loading) relationships for complex data structures
- Work with standards like HAL and JSON-API but also allow custom serialization
- Support the pagination of data results, for small and large data sets alike
- Generally ease the subtle complexities of outputting data in a non-trivial API
$ composer require league/fractal
The following versions of PHP are supported by this version.
- PHP 5.4
- PHP 5.5
- PHP 5.6
- PHP 7.0
- PHP 7.1
Contribute to this documentation in the gh-pages branch.
- add HAL serializers
The MIT License (MIT). Please see License File for more information.