LaunchDarkly PHP SDK Redis integration using the phpredis extension
This library provides a Redis-backed data source for the LaunchDarkly PHP SDK, replacing the default behavior of querying the LaunchDarkly service endpoints. The underlying Redis client implementation is the
phpredis extension. If you want to use the Predis package instead, see https://github.com/launchdarkly/php-server-sdk-redis-predis.
The minimum version of the LaunchDarkly PHP SDK for use with this library is 4.0.0. In earlier versions of the SDK, the Redis integrations were bundled in the main SDK package.
The minimum PHP version is 7.3.
For more information, see our SDK documentation.
This assumes that you have already installed the LaunchDarkly PHP SDK in your project.
Make sure the
phpredisextension is installed in your PHP runtime environment.
Install this package with
php composer.phar install launchdarkly/server-sdk-redis-phpredis --save
- In your SDK configuration code, configure the Redis integration:
$fr = LaunchDarkly\Integrations\PHPRedis::featureRequester([ "prefix" => "my-key-prefix" ]); $config = [ "feature_requester" => $fr ]; $client = new LDClient("sdk_key", $config);
By default, the store will try to connect to a local Redis instance on port 6379. You may specify an alternate configuration as described in the API documentation for
PHPRedis::featureRequester. Make sure the
prefix option corresponds to the key prefix that is being used by the Relay Proxy.
- LaunchDarkly is a continuous delivery platform that provides feature flags as a service and allows developers to iterate quickly and safely. We allow you to easily flag your features and manage them from the LaunchDarkly dashboard. With LaunchDarkly, you can:
- Roll out a new feature to a subset of your users (like a group of users who opt-in to a beta tester group), gathering feedback and bug reports from real-world use cases.
- Gradually roll out a feature to an increasing percentage of users, and track the effect that the feature has on key metrics (for instance, how likely is a user to complete a purchase if they have feature A versus feature B?).
- Turn off a feature that you realize is causing performance problems in production, without needing to re-deploy, or even restart the application with a changed configuration file.
- Grant access to certain features based on user attributes, like payment plan (eg: users on the ‘gold’ plan get access to more features than users in the ‘silver’ plan). Disable parts of your application to facilitate maintenance, without taking everything offline.
- LaunchDarkly provides feature flag SDKs for a wide variety of languages and technologies. Check out our documentation for a complete list.
- Explore LaunchDarkly