Generate API documentation for humans from your Laravel codebase.✍
Still on v1? Here's the v2 migration guide.
Generate API documentation for humans from your Laravel codebase. Here's what the output looks like.
Looking to document your Node.js APIs easily? Check out Scribe for JS.
- Pretty HTML documentation page, with included code samples and friendly text
- Included "Try It Out" button so users can test endpoints right from their browser
- Markdown source files that can be edited to modify docs
- Extracts body parameters information from Laravel FormRequests
- Safely calls API endpoints to generate sample responses, with authentication and other custom configuration supported
- Supports generating responses from Eloquent API Resources or Fractal Transformers
- Supports Postman collection and OpenAPI (Swagger) spec generation
- Included UI components for additional styling
- Easily customisable with custom views
- Easily extensible with custom strategies
Check out the documentation at ReadTheDocs.
PHP 7.2.5 and Laravel/Lumen 6.0 or higher are required.
composer require --dev knuckleswtf/scribe
Publish the config file by running:
php artisan vendor:publish --provider="Knuckles\Scribe\ScribeServiceProvider" --tag=scribe-config
This will create a
scribe.php file in your
- When using Lumen, you will need to run
composer require knuckleswtf/scribeinstead (no
- Register the service provider in your
- Copy the config file from
vendor/knuckleswtf/scribe/config/scribe.phpto your project as
config/scribe.php. Then add to your
Contributing is easy! See our contribution guide.