CakePHP IdeHelper Plugin to improve auto-completion
IdeHelper plugin for CakePHP applications.
Boost your productivity. Avoid mistakes.
This branch is for CakePHP 3.5+
The main idea is to improve IDE compatibility and use annotations to make the IDE understand the "magic" of CakePHP, so you can click through the class methods and object chains as well as spot obvious issues and mistakes easier. The IDE will usually mark problematic code yellow (missing, wrong method etc).
This also improves compatability with tools like PHPStan. Those can then follow the code easier and procide more valuable help.
- Add annotations to existing code (e.g. when upgrading an application) just like baking would to new code.
- Can run multiple times without adding the annotations again.
- It can also replace or remove outdated annotations.
- Works with your application as well as any loaded plugin.
- CI check support, hook it up just like the coding standards check.
Supports annotations for:
- Models (Tables and Entities)
- Controllers (including prefixes like
- View (AppView)
- Templates (
.ctpfiles including elements)
- Shells (and Tasks)
Supports code completion help for:
- Behaviors (property access on the BehaviorRegistry)
This plugin is supposed to work with ANY IDE that supports annotations and code completion. IDEs tested so far for 100% compatibility:
- PHPStorm (incl. meta file generator)
- ... [Report or PR your IDE of choice here to confirm its full compatibility]
See Wiki for details and tips/settings.
The following plugins use this plugin to improve IDE compatibility around factory and magic string usage:
- Queue for
- ... (add yours here)
See the Docs for details.