Drupal 8 for Government (Drupal 8 für die öffentliche Verwaltung)
deGov - Drupal 8 for Government
deGov is the first Drupal 8 distribution focussing on the needs of (German) governmental organisations. It uses Acquia Lightning as a basis and extends this it with valueable functions to meet the use cases for different scenarios:
- Websites for governmental organisations from all levels (federal, regional, local) to publish information
- Service-oriented E-Government portals to close the gap between citizens and your administration
- Citizen Engagement portals to discuss and decide online
- Open311 portals for civic issue tracking
- Open data portals to publish and create communities around data
- Intranet/Extranet for government employees
Sounds interesting? Then go for it and install the first Drupal 8 distribution for government!
- Webserver (Apache2, Nginx, Hiawatha, Microsoft IIS)
- PHP >= 7.1+ | Memory >= 64MB
- RDMS (MySQL => 5.5.3, MariaDB => 5.5.20, Percona Server => 5.5.8)
- Mailserver (Postfix, exim, etc.)
BEFORE YOU INSTALL: please read the prerequisites
First your need to clone the deGov repository.
git clone https://github.com/deGov/deGov.git
Change your working directory into deGov
$ cd deGov
After a successfully clone you need to run Composer to install all deGov dependencies.
$ composer install
Visit the deGov-Domain to start the installation process.
Follow the Installer instructions to successfully finish the installation process.
Visit the following page to log into your deGov Installation with your previously created User to administer your deGov Installation.
Drupal 8 needs PHPUnit 4.8. Therefor it is recommended to download the PHP phar archive in the
appropriate version. Copy the
phpunit.xml.dist file to
phpunit.xml for fitting your needs. Afterwards you can execute the
Learn more about testing in Drupal 8.