Start discussions and reply to discussions via email
A Flarum extension.
- Allow users to register (and confirm) additional email addresses that can be associated with their account
- Start new discussions via email
- Reply to notification emails
- HTML formatted emails are converted to Markdown and formatted according to the current
- Specify a Tag for new discussions started by email
- Option to have new discussions started via email automatically flagged for moderator approval/tag re-assignment, etc
- Option to auto subscribe to discussions participated in via email
At present, you must be using Mailgun to send your email notifications (using the built in
Mailgun provider). Support for other services might be added in the future, but for now this will be the only provider option.
If you're also using
fof/pretty-mail, this is supported, but you are required to make minor updates to your templates.
Your email sending domain DNS must have the correct
MX records configured for Mailgun to be able to receive inbound mail. Don't worry about configuring routes, etc, as the extension will configure this for you.
Install with composer:
composer require blomstra/email-conversations:"*"
blomstra/email-conversations will be installed together.
Conversationsfirst, and review the permissions to see the post source. By default this is set to admin and mod groups.
Create Mailgun incoming route.
- Configure the extension settings as per your requirements
- If you're using
fof/pretty-mail: In each of your HTML templates, add the variable
$notificationIdsomewhere in the content. Somewhere in the
<footer>element is recommended.
- Send a test email to your forum (The email address is the one configured in your email settings tab). The subject line will become the discussion title, the email body will become the post content.
composer update blomstra/email-conversations php flarum migrate php flarum cache:clear
If you are using
fof/pretty-mail, it is required that you update your templates to include
$notificationId, somewhere within the visible portion of the mail.