Provides PHP CodeSniffer sniffs to find unused and undefined variables.
Plugin for PHP_CodeSniffer static analysis tool that adds analysis of problematic variable use.
- Performs static analysis of variable use.
- Warns on use of undefined variables.
- Warns if variables are set or declared but never used within that scope.
- Warns if variables are redeclared within same scope.
- Warns if $this, self::$static_member, static::$static_member is used outside class scope.
- (new) Allows $this inside closures in PHP >=5.4
- (new) Add analysis of instance variables ($this->...)
Run ./install.sh -h to get install help.
For a default install of PHP_Codesniffer via PEAR with PEAR in ~/pear you should be safe to just run ./install.sh to use the default options, then copy the rules from ruleset.xml into your own ruleset.xml.
There's a variety of options to customize the behaviour of VariableAnalysis, take a look at the included ruleset.xml for commented examples of a configuration.
- File scope isn't currently analysed.