Generates Laravel Migrations from an existing database
Generate Laravel Migrations from an existing database, including indexes and foreign keys!
The recommended way to install this is through composer:
composer config repositories.repo-name vcs "https://github.com/jamisonvalenta/Laravel-4-Generators.git" composer require --dev "way/generators:dev-feature/laravel-five-stable" "xethron/migrations-generator"
config/app.php and add this to providers section:
- Thanks to @jamisonvalenta, you can now generate Migrations in Laravel 5!
feature/laravel-five-stablewas forked from
3.0.3and was made Laravel
5.0ready. Jeffrey Way has discontinued support for Laravel 5, so the other
artisan generate:commands may not have been made
5.0compatible. Investigate the
artisan make:commands for substitutes, contribute to Laravel to extend generation support, or fix it and submit a PR to
Run the following composer command:
composer require --dev "xethron/migrations-generator:~1.3.0"
Next, add the following service providers:
And you're set. To double check if its working, run
php artisan, and look for the command
To generate migrations from a database, you need to have your database setup in Laravel's Config.
php artisan migrate:generate to create migrations for all the tables, or you can specify the tables you wish to generate using
php artisan migrate:generate table1,table2,table3,table4,table5. You can also ignore tables with
Laravel Migrations Generator will first generate all the tables, columns and indexes, and afterwards setup all the foreign key constraints. So make sure you include all the tables listed in the foreign keys so that they are present when the foreign keys are created.
You can also specify the connection name if you are not using your default connection with
php artisan help migrate:generate for a list of options.
Check out Chung Tran's blog post for a quick step by step introduction: Generate Migrations from an existing database in Laravel 4
Changelog for Laravel Migrations Generator
- Support for Laravel 5
- Add options --defaultIndexNames and --defaultFKNames to use Laravel's default generated names
- --no-interaction support
- Migrate table field comments
- Add connection to migrations if its not the default
- --ignore doesn't ignoring the first table in the list
- Remove backticks from index names #17
- Drop foreign keys used incorrect key name #34
- Remove table prefix from migrations
- Escape table names and args
- Map JSON columns as text
- Boolean default results in empty string
- Support for Laravel 4.2
- Support for named foreign keys
- Fix error with --ignore option
- Fixed problem with char fields showing up as varchar
- Allow decimal, float, and double to be unsigned
- Allow cascading on foreign key update/delete
- Now fully supports for enum fields
- Add support for bit fields as Boolean (Laravel Migration Limitation)
- Fix crash when migrating tables that use enum
- Added Tests
- Major refactoring of the code
- Ability to add entries into the Migrations Table, so that they won't be run as they already exist.
- Convert Blobs to Binary fields
- Minor Code Changes
Thanks to Jeffrey Way for his amazing Laravel-4-Generators package. This package depends greatly on his work.
Bernhard Breytenbach (@BBreyten)
The Laravel Migrations Generator is open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license