Git release manager which provides release strategy by Pull Requests
It is console tool which allows to create release and pre-release tags on github. The workflow looks as follows:
- Init configuration. It can be the folder of the project or any other folder. The tool does not depend on the repository. It requires api token.
- Open feature. It creates the branch with prefix
feature-directly on github. If option name is not set we try to check and if current folder is repository and the branch name starts with
feature-we use it as the name option. It is useful for quick test/release current feature.
- Test feature. This command opens pull request to master branch, if it is not opened yet
and marks the Pull request with label
IN-BETA. It is used to compile test release (Release Candidate)
- Release feature. This command marks pull request with
OK-PRODlabel. It is used to compile stable release.
- Create Test release(Release candidate). This command creates
Release Candidatebranch and merge pull requests marked
IN-BETAinto it. It also creates
pre-releasetag. So, you can push this tag into test server.
- Create Test release(Release candidate). This command verifies if Pull Requests marked
OK-PRODcan be merged and merge them with
squashstratagy into master. It also creates
releasetag. So, you can push this tag into production server.
Go to latest release and download
./git-release-man.phar git-release:build init
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature open --name FEATURE_NAME_HERE
Removes feature branch from remote repository
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature close --name FEATURE_NAME_HERE
Removes labels from pull request. It exclude feature from builds.
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature reopen --name FEATURE_NAME_HERE
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature list
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature test --name FEATURE_NAME_HERE
./git-release-man.phar git-release:feature release --name FEATURE_NAME_HERE
./git-release-man.phar git-release:build test
./git-release-man.phar git-release:build release
./git-release-man.phar git-release:build latest-release
./git-release-man.phar git-release:build latest-test-release
# generate secure token for travis, is required to deploy release travis encrypt api_key_here # Add api key variable to env travis env set GITHUBKEY api_key_here --private -r vdubyna/git-release-man