Provide tools to test a system using Model Based Testing technique.
This Bundle provides ability to test your application using Model Based Testing techique.
The major features are:
- Allow to test your application even though the application is not implemented yet.
- Automatically generate test cases when a task is created.
- Automatically execute those test cases to test your application.
- Automatically reduce reproduce path when a bug is found.
- Automatically report the bug when the reproduce path is reduced.
All you have to do:
- Define models to describe your application.
- Define subjects to interact with your application.
- Create tasks based on your need. e.g.:
- Test the whole application to make sure there are no bugs in the application.
- Test only models that have a tag to make sure the part of your application is still working while developing a feature.
- Test a model to make sure a bug that has been fixed is not regressed.
- Manage bugs that has been found. e.g. mark a bug has been fixed.
- You don't have to maintains test cases that has been generated automatically, instead, you may need to maintains models and subjects.
- PHP 7.1 / 7.2 / 7.3
- Symfony 4.2
- See also the
requiresection of composer.json
Before testing your application, you need to create new symfony project to use this bundle:
$ composer create-project symfony/skeleton my-project
Install lastest version of this bundle:
$ composer require tienvx/mbt-bundle "^1.1"
Model is the way to describe part your application. Subject is the way to tell this bundle to interact with your application.
You can run the tests with:
$ phpunit $ composer run-script test # if you want to clear the cache
For the usage guide and reference, see wiki
Pull requests are welcome, please send pull requests.
If you found any bug, please report issues.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed already.
This package is available under the MIT license.