Provides ViewHelpers and configuration to render valid responsive images based on TYPO3's image cropping tool.
Installs: 259 072
Open Issues: 10
- typo3/cms-core: ^12.2 || ^11.5 || ^10.4
- editorconfig-checker/editorconfig-checker: ^10.0
- sbuerk/typo3-cmscomposerinstallers-testingframework-bridge: ^0.1.2
- squizlabs/php_codesniffer: ^3.0
- typo3/testing-framework: ^7.0 || ^6.0 || dev-main
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2023-05-10 20:16:29 UTC
Responsive Images for TYPO3
This TYPO3 extension provides ViewHelpers and configuration to render valid responsive images based on TYPO3's image cropping tool.
Authors & Sponsors
- Simon Praetorius - email@example.com
- All contributors
The development and the public-releases of this package is generously sponsored by my employer https://sitegeist.de.
This extension is available via packagist.
composer require sitegeist/sms-responsive-images
Alternatively, you can install the extension from TYPO3 TER:
TYPO3 TER: sms_responsive_images
For further instructions, please take a look at the full documentation.
Updating from 2.x
- Support for TYPO3 9.5 and PHP < 7.4 is gone.
- If you still include
setup.tsmanually in your TypoScript configuration, these files have now been renamed to
- Since TYPO3 v12
has declared all ViewHelper classes as
final, this has been applied to the responsive images ViewHelpers as well.
Updating from 1.x
There are a few breaking changes which might require you to update your integration:
- Support for TYPO3 8.7 is gone. Please use version 1.3 of the extension.
<sms:media />has been removed, so you need to remove it from your Fluid templates. Separate markup for picturefill.js is no longer required, so the extension now outputs standards-compliant markup at any time.
- In addition to svg files, gif files are now excluded as well. You can change this by
lazyloadis enabled, image tags will get a
There are also some changes under the hood you might want to consider:
- The PHP namespace has switched from
Sitegeist\ResponsiveImages, so if you extended one of the provided PHP classes, you need to adjust this.
- The extension now uses
.100to overwrite the image partial of fluid_styled_content. This means that there will be less interference with other extensions. However, if you need to overwrite the
Image.htmlfile again, you need to specify your partial after that value.
- The demo plugin is gone, so if you were using it, it won't work anymore.
To get an overview of responsive images in general and what the extension does, take a look at the following blog post:
sitegeist Techblog: Responsive Images with TYPO3 8.7+
You will find the full documentation for this extension on typo3.org: