This package provides a validator for ensuring strong passwords in Laravel 4 applications.
This package provides a validator that ensures strong passwords in Laravel 4, 5 & 6 applications. It is influenced a lot by PasswordStrengthBundle for Symfony 2.
It is out now for a while and since there were no complaints it very likely fulfills its purpose.
The provided validations include:
- check if input contains alphabetic characters
- check if input contains numeric characters
- check if input contains mixed case characters
- check if input contains symbols
For Laravel 6/7 users
Requires PHP 7.1+
composer require schuppo/password-strength:"~2.0".
For Laravel 5/6 users
composer require schuppo/password-strength:"~1.5".
For Laravel 4 users
composer require schuppo/password-strength:"~0.10".
If you do run the package on Laravel 5.5+, you can start using the package at this point. package auto-discovery takes care of the magic of adding the service provider.
I recently recognized a small conflict in the usage of this package in combination with unique-with: One runs into problems when adding the
UniqueWithValidatorServiceProvider to the providers array, the rules of this package stay unknown to the Laravel
The problem is easy to fix though: Just add the service provider of this package in front of the service provider of unique-with. In that order both packages work fine.
Now Laravel's native
Validator is extended by four rules:
You can apply these rules as described in the validation section on Laravel's website
$v = Validator::make(array( 'password' => '12345QWERTqwert@', 'password' => 'case_diff|numbers|letters|symbols' )); $v->passes(); // returns true;
Notice that you can validate any value with the new rules. The only reason why this package is called "Password Strength Package" is that it describes its foremost purpose.
[Laravel 6 / 7 / 8]
- Added support for Laravel 8
[Laravel 6 / Laravel 7 ]
- Added Turkish translation
- Laravel 7 support.
- Minimum PHP requirement now 7.1
- Changes folder structure, psr-4 autoload.
- Updates Travis CI config to test multiple Laravel versions.
- Support for higher PHPUnit versions.
orchestra/testbenchdev dependency added.
[Laravel 5 / Laravel 4]
Removes need for Str facace
Enables Laravel 6 support
Simplifies symbol validation
Adds Chinese and Spanish translation
Improves Polish translation
Adds Arabic translation
Adds Czech translation
- Adds Russian translation
- Adds unicode flag to case difference validation rule
- Adds Dutch translation
- Updates French translation
- Makes packages php7 ready
Adds Romanian translation
Adds Polish translation
Adds French translation
Make package laravel 5 ready
- New validation rule to check if input contains symbols. Thanks to closca for providing this new feature.
- Added new version to composer.json
- Small changes in README.md
- Minimum requirement (PHP 5.4 because of array chains) is now recognized by composer.json
- The package works properly now when other extensions of laravel's validator are used as well (like unique-with).
- The package is able to take localization overwrites now as described in the laravel docs
- Fixed: Package validator doesn't overwrite custom validation errror messages any more. Not functional tested though because I have no clue how to set up a test which controls the passing of variables from the password strength package to the native validator INSIDE the package's test folders. Any suggestions?
This package is under the MIT license. See the complete license:
Issues and feature requests are tracked on GitHub.