A modern WordPress stack
Bedrock is a modern WordPress stack that helps you get started with the best development tools and project structure.
- Better folder structure
- Dependency management with Composer
- Easy WordPress configuration with environment specific files
- Environment variables with Dotenv
- Autoloader for mu-plugins (use regular plugins as mu-plugins)
Use Trellis for additional features:
- Easy development environments with Vagrant
- Easy server provisioning with Ansible (Ubuntu 14.04, PHP 5.6 or HHVM, MariaDB)
- One-command deploys
- PHP >= 5.5
- Composer - Install
- Clone the git repo -
git clone https://github.com/roots/bedrock.git
.envand update environment variables:
DB_NAME- Database name
DB_USER- Database user
DB_PASSWORD- Database password
DB_HOST- Database host
WP_ENV- Set to environment (
WP_HOME- Full URL to WordPress home (http://example.com)
WP_SITEURL- Full URL to WordPress including subdirectory (http://example.com/wp)
- Add theme(s) in
web/app/themesas you would for a normal WordPress site.
- Set your site vhost document root to
/path/to/site/current/web/if using deploys)
- Access WP admin at
There are two methods to deploy Bedrock sites out of the box:
Any other deployment method can be used as well with one requirement:
composer install must be run as part of the deploy process.
Bedrock documentation is available at https://roots.io/bedrock/docs/.
Contributions are welcome from everyone. We have contributing guidelines to help you get started.
Keep track of development and community news.