A modern WordPress stack
Bedrock is a modern WordPress stack that helps you get started with the best development tools and project structure.
- Better folder structure
- Dependency management with Composer
- Easy WordPress configuration with environment specific files
- Environment variables with Dotenv
- Autoloader for mu-plugins (use regular plugins as mu-plugins)
Use Trellis for additional features:
- Easy development environments with Vagrant
- Easy server provisioning with Ansible (Ubuntu 14.04, PHP 5.6 or HHVM, MariaDB)
- One-command deploys
- PHP >= 5.4
- Composer - Install
- Clone the git repo -
git clone https://github.com/roots/bedrock.git
.envand update environment variables:
DB_NAME- Database name
DB_USER- Database user
DB_PASSWORD- Database password
DB_HOST- Database host
WP_ENV- Set to environment (
WP_HOME- Full URL to WordPress home (http://example.com)
WP_SITEURL- Full URL to WordPress including subdirectory (http://example.com/wp)
- Add theme(s) in
web/app/themesas you would for a normal WordPress site.
- Set your site vhost document root to
/path/to/site/current/web/if using deploys)
- Access WP admin at
There are two methods to deploy Bedrock sites out of the box:
Any other deployment method can be used as well with one requirement:
composer install must be run as part of the deploy process.
Contributions are welcome from everyone. We have contributing guidelines to help you get started.
Keep track of development and community news.