An extension for phpBB that allows administrators to manage and display advertisements on their forums.
This is the repository for the development of the Advertisement Management extension, a Google Summer of Code project developed by Jakub Senko for phpBB.
The Advertisement Management extension allows phpBB board administrators to add and manage advertisements on their forums. Features include:
- Create unlimited advertisements. Accepts code snippets (such as Google AdSense) or create your own HTML/JS ads. Add, edit, preview, disable, delete and banner image upload functionality in the Admin Control Panel.
- Display ads in a variety of locations and techniques (inline, pop-up, slide-up).
- Set ad priority to display important ads more often than others.
- Statistics: ad views and clicks can be counted.
- Option to assign an ad owner who can monitor their ad’s statistics.
- Option to expire ads after reaching a certain date or number of clicks and/or views.
- Option to hide ads for specific member group(s).
- Ad-Blocker detection option politely notifies users to disable ad blocking on the board.
- Ad code analysis can check for troublesome code such as JS alert() or making HTTP requests from a secure server.
📦 Download the latest release of this extension.
🐞 Report bugs to our Issue Tracker.
💬 Support can be requested and discussed in the Advertisement Management support forum at phpBB.com.