Starter kit to start BDD testing in PHP with Peridot
Peridot core and some commonly used packages to let you start doing BDD in PHP ASAP.
- List reporter - list test results
- Dot reporter - show results as dot matrix
- Code coverage reporters - code coverage
- Watcher plugin - watch source and tests for changes and re-run
- Concurrency plugin - run specs concurrently!
- Leo - expressive assertion and matcher library
We recommend installing the jumpstart via composer:
$ composer require --dev peridot-php/peridot-jumpstart
After installing the jumpstart, a good starting point would be to copy this
peridot.php file into the root of your project. This file will
set the default path for specs, and ensure that all the included plugins are
If you installed the jumpstart via composer, you can follow up by doing this:
$ cp vendor/peridot-php/peridot-jumpstart/peridot.php .
To set a different default path, disable a plugin, or set up further
configuration, simply edit your copy of
After registering everything,
vendor/bin/peridot -h should yield the