ZipStream is a library for dynamically streaming dynamic zip files from PHP without writing to the disk at all on the server.
main branch is not stable. Please see the
releases for a stable
A fast and simple streaming zip file downloader for PHP. Using this library will save you from having to write the Zip to disk. You can directly send it to the user, which is much faster. It can work with S3 buckets or any PSR7 Stream.
Please see the LICENSE file for licensing and warranty information.
Simply add a dependency on maennchen/zipstream-php to your project's composer.json file if you use Composer to manage the dependencies of your project. Use following command to add the package to your project's dependencies:
composer require maennchen/zipstream-php
For detailed instructions, please check the Documentation.
Here's a simple example:
// Autoload the dependencies require 'vendor/autoload.php'; // enable output of HTTP headers $options = new ZipStream\Option\Archive(); $options->setSendHttpHeaders(true); // create a new zipstream object $zip = new ZipStream\ZipStream('example.zip', $options); // create a file named 'hello.txt' $zip->addFile('hello.txt', 'This is the contents of hello.txt'); // add a file named 'some_image.jpg' from a local file 'path/to/image.jpg' $zip->addFileFromPath('some_image.jpg', 'path/to/image.jpg'); // finish the zip stream $zip->finish();
- Only the self opened streams will be closed (#139) If you were relying on ZipStream to close streams that the library didn't open, you'll need to close them yourself now.
- All options parameters to all function have been moved from an
arrayto structured option objects. See the wiki for examples.
- The whole library has been refactored. The minimal PHP requirement has been raised to PHP 7.1.
You can find example code on the wiki.
ZipStream-PHP is a collaborative project. Please take a look at the .github/CONTRIBUTING.md file.
- Paul Duncan firstname.lastname@example.org - https://pablotron.org/
- Jonatan Männchen email@example.com - https://maennchen.dev
- Jesse G. Donat firstname.lastname@example.org - https://donatstudios.com
- Nicolas CARPi email@example.com - https://www.deltablot.com
- Nik Barham firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.brokencube.co.uk
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Become a financial contributor and help us sustain our community. [Contribute]
Support this project with your organization. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Contribute]