The official Kohana auth module
- dev-3.4/develop / 3.4.x-dev
- dev-3.3/develop / 3.3.x-dev
This package is auto-updated.
Last update: 2020-08-11 05:18:40 UTC
I've forked the main Auth module because there were some fundamental flaws with it:
- It's trivial to bruteforce publicly hidden salt hashes.
- I've fixed this by switching the password hashing algorithm to the more secure secret-key based hash_hmac method.
- ORM drivers were included.
- I've fixed this by simply removing them. They cause confusion with new users because they think that Auth requires ORM. The only driver currently provided by default is the file driver.
- Auth::get_user()'s api is inconsistent because it returns different data types.
- I've fixed this by returning an empty user model by default. You can override what gets returned (if you've changed your user model class name for instance) by overloading the get_user() method in your application.
These changes should be merged into the mainline branch eventually, but they completely break the API, so likely won't be done until 3.1.