An IP address information display widget for Yii 2.0 with country flag and geo position info.
An IP address information display widget for Yii framework 2.0 with ability to display country flag and geo position info. This is based on the HTTP API from ip-api.com to parse IP address details. The plugin also uses the yii2-popover-x extension by Krajee and the yii2-httpclient yiisoft extension for fetching and displaying IP details via a popover, and the yii2-icons extension by Krajee for displaying the flag icons.
- Ability to display the flag for a IP address.
- Implement Yii2 HTTP Client to process IP API info fetch. The 1.0 AJAX based API query will be eliminated and replaced with the Yii2 server based HTTP Client. This will ensure it works both for HTTPS and HTTP and also use yii2 caching.
- Implement Yii2 Cache component to cache/store IP data. If Cache component is not defined no caching will be performed.
- Implement Yii2 DetailView widget to render the IP Information Details table. The layout of attributes and formats can therefore be customized as per user need.
- Ability to display geo position details for the IP address.
- Ability to use your own API if needed
- Ability to render IP details inline instead of popover.
- Ability to configure fields rendered and also control the layout with templates.
yii2-popover-xextension features to control popover placements and styles.
- Use flag icons from
yii2-iconsto render country wise high resolution flags of any size.
- Uses Yii i18N translations to generate locale specific data.
You can see detailed documentation and examples on usage of the extension.
The preferred way to install this extension is through composer.
$ php composer.phar require kartik-v/yii2-ipinfo "@dev"
require section of your
use kartik\ipinfo\IpInfo; echo IpInfo::widget([ 'ip' => '220.127.116.11', /** * optionally setup more options * refer docs for all options */ // 'showFlag' => true, // 'showPopover' => true, // 'popoverOptions' => , // 'flagWrapperOptions' =>  // 'flagOptions' =>  ]);
yii2-ipinfo is released under the BSD-3-Clause License. See the bundled
LICENSE.md for details.