Easily manage Yii 2 ActiveField ranges (from/to) with Bootstrap 3 addons markup and more
A Yii 2 extension that allows you to easily setup ActiveField range fields with Bootstrap 3 addons markup and more. This allows you to setup the attributes joined together like a single field with a bootstrap addon separating the two. In addition, it enables you to display the field validation error messages as one single block instead of separate validation errors for two fields.
- The FieldRange validation routine displays only the first error encountered in validation of either of the attributes.
- To understand setting up your model validation rules for the attributes when using this extension, refer this wiki
The key features supported by this widget extension are:
- display the two range fields as a single grouped block using Bootstrap 3 addons
- tweak yii active form validation to display validation errors as one single block instead of separate error blocks under each field. This allows you to style your field range inputs better for various form layouts. No more misalignment of adjacent fields due to yii validation error messages.
- ability to use any input from yii\helpers or any widget class for rendering the from and to fields.
- enhanced usage with
\kartik\widgets\ActiveFieldthat allows you to add custom addons to prepend and append to your inputs.
- default support for all widgets under
\kartik\widgets. Special enhanced support for
\kartik\widgets\DatePickerto render date ranges.
- ability to use the kartik\datecontrol\DateControl widget which in turn can use any Date or Time widgets.
You can see detailed documentation and demos on usage of the extension.
NOTE: The latest version of the extension is v1.3.2. Refer the CHANGE LOG for details.
The preferred way to install this extension is through composer.
$ php composer.phar require kartik-v/yii2-field-range "dev-master"
require section of your
use kartik\field\FieldRange; use kartik\widgets\ActiveForm; $form = ActiveForm::begin(); echo FieldRange::widget([ 'form' => $form, 'model' => $model, 'label' => 'Enter start and end points', 'attribute1' => 'start_point', 'attribute2' => 'end_point', 'type' => FieldRange::INPUT_TEXT, ]); ActiveForm::end();
yii2-field-range is released under the BSD 3-Clause License. See the bundled
LICENSE.md for details.