An Extended Slim Framework skeleton application for rapid development
Use this skeleton application to quickly setup and start working on a new Slim Framework application. This application uses:
- Sensio Labs' Twig template library;
- Fort Rabbit's SlimController extension wich provides the C of MVC;
- Techsterx Slim Config - YAML extension for YAML config support.
This skeleton application was built for Composer. This makes setting up a new Slim Framework application quick and easy.
If you have not installed Composer, do that now. I prefer to install Composer globally in
/usr/local/bin, but you may also install Composer locally in your current working directory.
After you install Composer, run this command from the directory in which you want to install your new Slim Framework application.
php composer.phar create-project slim/slim-skeleton [my-app-name]
[my-app-name] with the desired directory name for your new application. You'll want to:
- Point your virtual host document root to your new application's
templates/cacheare web writeable.
That's it! Now go build something cool.
- Fork the Slim Skeleton Extended repository
- Create a new branch for each feature or improvement
- Send a pull request from each feature branch to the develop branch
It is very important to separate new features or improvements into separate feature branches, and to send a pull request for each branch. This allows us to review and pull in new features or improvements individually.
All pull requests must adhere to the PSR-2 standard.