Easily add field hints to Backpack CRUD fields from database comments.
This package extends the Backpack for Laravel CrudPanel providing the ability to dynamically set the 'hint' value for its CRUD fields by pulling the "comment" for the related column in the database if it exists.
- hints are only set if the method is called
- hints are only set if the column in the db has a Comment
- hints are not set if a hint already exists on the field
- hints are not set if "hint" on the field is set to an empty string
composer require dodsoftware/dynamic-field-hints-for-backpack
If you've disabled Laravel's auto package discovery, you'll need to also add the below to your app's
'providers' => [ // ... DoDSoftware\DynamicFieldHintsForBackpack\AddonServiceProvider::class, ];
Inside your custom CrudController:
- MySQL 5.6+
- PostgreSQL 9.4+
- SQL Server 2017+
Please see the changelog for more information on what has changed recently.
Please see contributing.md for details and a todolist.
If you discover any security related issues, please email the author instead of using the issue tracker.
- Wesley Smith (DoDSoftware) - creator
- Cristian Tabacitu - idea to make this an addon
- Backpack For Laravel - for making this package possible (and just being awesome in general)
MIT. Please see the license file for more information.