A CakePHP plugin for managing translations
A CakePHP 3.x Plugin for managing translations DB driven.
Note: Plugin in BETA version
- Import from POT, PO files or any service/API.
- Web-based and without external dependencies.
- Translate strings in all languages simultaneously.
- Allow others to help translating without having to know technical details.
- Auto-Translate and Auto-Suggest with Translate APIs (e.g. Google Translate PHP/JS, Yandex, ...) for efficiency.
- Prevent duplicates, missing translations, collisions.
- Auto-Features like
h(), newlines to
<p>/<br>, espacing of
- Validate placeholders (
- Preview and code excerpts of references.
- Auto-Add Controller names (singular + plural).
- Manage in Groups (=Domains) and export/enable/disable them.
- Creates clean PO files with all translations in usage to easier diff changes.
- Google (free, limited)
- Yandex (free, limited)
- Transltr (free)
Add your translation engine here in a heartbeat.
Including the plugin is pretty much as with every other CakePHP plugin:
composer require dereuromark/cakephp-translate
Then, to load the plugin run the following command:
bin/cake plugin load Translate -b -r # If you haven't loaded the Tools plugin already bin/cake plugin load Tools -b -r
Routes are needed for the backed, the bootstrap sets up a few defaults.
Run this in console to create the necessary DB tables:
bin/cake migrations migrate -p Translate
dereuromark/cakephp-queue for larger projects to avoid timeout issues when importing PO files.
- Navigate to
/admin/translate/in your browser.
- Use TinyAuth or alike to manage access to the translation backend for user groups.
- Implement your own Translation engine if you want to have even better auto-suggest.