Promoting the interoperability of container objects (DIC, SL, etc.)
container-interop tries to identify and standardize features in container objects (service locators, dependency injection containers, etc.) to achieve interoperability.
Through discussions and trials, we try to create a standard, made of common interfaces but also recommendations.
If PHP projects that provide container implementations begin to adopt these common standards, then PHP applications and projects that use containers can depend on the common interfaces instead of specific implementations. This facilitates a high-level of interoperability and flexibility that allows users to consume any container implementation that can be adapted to these interfaces.
The work done in this project is not officially endorsed by the PHP-FIG, but it is being worked on by members of PHP-FIG and other good developers. We adhere to the spirit and ideals of PHP-FIG, and hope this project will pave the way for one or more future PSRs.
You can install this package through Composer:
composer require container-interop/container-interop
The packages adheres to the SemVer specification, and there will be full backward compatibility between minor versions.
ContainerInterface. Description Meta Document. Describes the interface of a container that exposes methods to read its entries.
- Delegate lookup feature. Meta Document. Describes the ability for a container to delegate the lookup of its dependencies to a third-party container. This feature lets several containers work together in a single application.
View open request for comments
- Acclimate: Adapters for
Aura.Di, Laravel, Nette DI, Pimple, Symfony DI, ZF2 Service manager, ZF2
Dependency injection and any container using
- Njasm Container
- Pimple3-ContainerInterop (using Pimple v3)
- SitePoint Container
- Thruster Container (PHP7 only)
- Ultra-Lite Container
- Alias-Container: add aliases support to any container
- Prefixer-Container: dynamically prefix identifiers
- Lazy-Container: lazy services
The list below contains only a sample of all the projects consuming
ContainerInterface. For a more complete list have a look here.
|blast-facades: Minimize complexity and represent dependencies as facades.|
|interop.silex.di: an extension to Silex that adds support for any container-interop compatible container|
|mindplay/walkway: a modular request router|
|mindplay/middleman: minimalist PSR-7 middleware dispatcher|
|PHP-DI/Invoker: extensible and configurable invoker/dispatcher|
|Silly: CLI micro-framework|
|Woohoo Labs. Harmony: a flexible micro-framework|
Everyone is welcome to join and contribute.
The general workflow looks like this:
- Someone opens a discussion (GitHub issue) to suggest an interface
- Feedback is gathered
- The interface is added to a development branch
- We release alpha versions so that the interface can be experimented with
- Discussions and edits ensue until the interface is deemed stable by a general consensus
- A new minor version of the package is released
We try to not break BC by creating new interfaces instead of editing existing ones.
While we currently work on interfaces, we are open to anything that might help towards interoperability, may that be code, best practices, etc.