A pre-provisioned L*MP stack VM
- dev-master / 1.0.x-dev
This package is not auto-updated.
Last update: 2020-01-24 16:47:38 UTC
A VM for local L*MP development, built with Packer, Vagrant + Ansible
Whilst it contains a set of default feature configuration, it is extremely extensible and almost anything can be overridden/extended with a simple YAML config file.
It is designed to have an instance (VM) per project and be integrated into a VCS like git, so that configuration can be easily shared within a team and a setup of a new project should be as simple as
git clone ...; vagrant up.
This particular project contains the plumbing to manage the automated build of the pre-provisioned Vagrant base box, so almost all functionality is provided by ansible roles external to this project.
- It's a composer plugin which automatically creates a Vagrantfile.
- You only add config to your project and don't need to manage a fork of the whole provisioning system.
- It uses a pre-provisioned base box so it’s much faster to provision.
- Each new version of the box gets published to Atlas only if all roles are provisioned making the box always stable.
- With linked clones each VM is a small clone of a single master.
- You can reuse the same provisioning system for a CI environment.
- Minimal host machine dependencies.
vagrant plugin install vagrant-hostsupdater
vagrant plugin install vagrant-auto_network
composer require --dev beet/box vagrant up
This will automatically generate a Vagrantfile and the
.beetbox directory, which will contain a
config.yml file used to configure overrides.
You can see some examples in
composer update beet/box
Version constraints should automatically keep you to the same minor release.
However, you may need to update your configuation when upgrading minor releases.
See the release notes for more information.
To get a simple Drupal 8 site up and running with Beetbox, run the following commands:
composer create-project drupal-composer/drupal-project:8.x-dev drupal8 --stability dev --no-interaction cd drupal8 composer require --dev beet/box vagrant up
After which you can install the site at http://drupal8.local/install.php
or add the following to
./.beetbox/config.yml and run
vagrant provision to automatically install drupal:
drupal_install_site: yes drupal_account_name: admin drupal_account_pass: admin
For PHP 5.6 add
php_version: "5.6" to
./.beetbox/config.yml, then run
These roles are mantained by Beetbox team.
- Feature requests should be created in the GitHub Beetbox Issue Queue.
- Bugs should be reported in the GitHub Beetbox Issue Queue.
- Use pull requests (PRs) to contribute to Beetbox.
JetBrains generously offer an Open source licence.
Beetbox is primarily maintained by the Drupal Melbourne (Australia) community.
Please follow @beetboxvm for announcements.
This project is licensed under the MIT open source license.