Yii Framework Core
Yii is a modern framework designed to be a solid foundation for your PHP application.
It is fast, secure and efficient and works right out of the box pre-configured with reasonable defaults. The framework is easy to adjust to meet your needs, because Yii has been designed to be flexible.
- The minimum required PHP version of Yii 3.0 is PHP 7.1.
- Follow the Definitive Guide in order to get step by step instructions.
- A Definitive Guide and a Class Reference cover every detail of the framework.
- There is a PDF version of the Definitive Guide and a Definitive Guide Mirror which is updated every 15 minutes.
- For Yii 1.1 users, there is Upgrading from Yii 1.1 to get an idea of what has changed in 2.0.
- Participate in discussions at forums.
- Community Slack and Chat in IRC.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and GitHub.
- Check other communities.
You may join us and:
- Report an issue
- Translate documentation or messages
- Give us feedback or start a design discussion
- Contribute to the core code or fix bugs
Please refer to a special page at the website describing proper workflow for security issue reports.
build/ internally used build tools docs/ documentation src/ core framework code tests/ tests of the core framework code
Acknowledging or citing Yii is as important as direct contributions.
If you are giving a presentation or talk featuring work that makes use of Yii and would like to acknowledge it, we suggest using our logo on your title slide.
If you are using Yii as part of an OpenSource project, a way to acknowledge it is to use a special badge in your README:
If your code is hosted at GitHub, you can place the following in your README.md file to get the badge: