Wraps gridfield adding support for using it on the front-end.
Wraps gridfield adding support for using it on the front-end of a site.
- Ed Chipman (UndefinedOffset)
- SilverStripe Framework 3.1.x+
- Download the module from here https://github.com/webbuilders-group/silverstripe-frontendgridfield/archive/master.zip
- Extract the downloaded archive into your site root so that the destination folder is called frontendgridfield, opening the extracted folder should contain _config.php in the root along with other files/folders
- Run dev/build?flush=all to regenerate the manifest
Instead of using the GridField class you need to use FrontEndGridField for use on the front-end, note it is not recommended to be used in the CMS. As well instead of using the GridFieldConfig extensions provided with SilverStripe use FrontEndGridFieldConfig_Base, FrontEndGridFieldConfig_RecordEditor, FrontEndGridFieldConfig_RecordViewer, or FrontEndGridFieldConfig_RelationEditor. If you are building your own GridField config ensure that you use FrontEndGridFieldDetailForm instead of GridFieldDetailForm.