PHP decimal handling as value object
Decimal value object for PHP.
When working with monetary values, normal data types like int or float are not suitable for exact arithmetic. Try out the following in PHP:
var_dump(0.1 + 0.2); // float(0.3) var_dump(0.1 + 0.2 - 0.3); // float(5.5511151231258E-17)
Handling them as string is a workaround, but as value object you can more easily encapsulate some of the logic.
- Super strict on precision/scale. Does not lose significant digits on its own. You need to
trim()for this manually.
- Speaking API (no le, gt methods).
- Basic math operations and checks supported.
- Handle very large and very small numbers.
Note: This library is a sandbox/showcase and for testing right now only. Alpha-version. Use with Caution.
bcmathPHP extension enabled
composer require spryker/decimal-object
See Documentation for more details.
The following libraries are using the
Decimal value object:
- dereuromark/cakephp-decimal as decimal type replacement for CakePHP ORM.